Enemies to frenemies?

Narrator POV:

For a hundred years, an upper moon had never died. They were the most valuable assets Muzan had. They were so valuable to Muzan, he deemed the lower moons worthless and completely got rid of them. It became normal that his upper moon would also succeed in whatever task he had assigned them to do.

That all had changed. The precedent of the upper moons being untouchable was broken as a couple of days prior, Akaza was killed. Akaza was not only a high-ranking uppermoon but a loyal servant of Muzan. Replacing him will prove to be very difficult for Muzan. Akaza was the rare combination of brawn and loyalty, two traits that will be difficult to find.

Muzan currently stood looking at his infinity castle as he pondered what to do with Akaza's death. He is currently waiting for the upper moons to arrive as he had called a meeting to address them.

"Akaza..." Muzan muttered his name in disappointment.

Muzan POV:

"Akaza... I expected a lot more from you..."

He had so much potential, and he threw it away. During his fight, I was able to see that he regenerated his head after being cut off. He would have been invincible aside from the sun, instead, he got swayed away by his pathetic memories and accepted his defeat. He would have been the perfect tool if he got away.

Even if he gave in, Hashira gave him trouble. The water Hashira, the same one I ran into a couple of months back with the kid that has the Hanafuda earrings. I expected him just to be another Hashira, but he's become a serious threat to my problems. I should have killed him that day, but my fear of those earrings distracted me.

Moreover, he had the demon slayer mark, I was able to clearly see it. I thought the age of the marks was long over, but here it was again. The color of his blade also turned bright red, just like that monster. Why did that man ever need to exist?!

Akaza during that fight, his power level grew. After he overcame decapitation, his strength rose, possibly to the level of Douma's. This is both good and bad news. If I can get my upper moons to overcome decapitation, they would be more powerful. However, the bad news is the Hashira that killed Akaza is more powerful than. anyone I have seen in the past 300 hundred years.

I'm still not sure if he had survived the injuries Akaza dealt to him, it would be good if his injuries did kill him off. Either way, my plans of overcoming the sun have to stop at this moment. I need to replace the vacant upper moon position.

Narrator POV:

While Muzan was deep in thought about his future plans, the upper moons arrived at the Infinity castle. They immediately started looking around and realized they were at the castle. They also noticed that all of them were present, which could only mean one thing: a uppermoon was killed. The only time all the upper moons are summoned together is if an upper moon was killed.

"Oh no... I hope it wasn't Akaza who died..." Douma spoke breaking the initial silence.

The upper moons quickly looked around to see which one of them had died.

"Oh.... it was Akaza..." Douma imitated a sad tone as he realized.

"Akaza..." Kokushibo muttered in disappointment.

Kokushibo had recognized Akaza as a powerful upper moon with immense potential. When they fought for upper moon positions, he had the chance to absorb him, but he chose to spare him after seeing his potential.