Chapter 22 - FINALE (Part 1)

It was a day before their wedding, and Kaveh was spinning a pencil in his hands, looking over Alhaitham's shoulder as he tried to see what Alhaitham was reading, "So, what book are you reading this time?"

Alhaitham didn't really reply. He just slightly lifted his book so that Kaveh could see the cover. Well, he was reading Shakespeare's novel, Romeo and Juliet. That was unexpected. Alhaitham never really was into romance novels. Did Kaveh really have that much of an effect on what Alhaitham read?

"I never thought you'd read such a cheesy story, Haitham." Kaveh put on a cheesy little smile. He got a little more comfortable on the couch before continuing, "Are you really romanticising about our honeymoon right now?" He laughed a little, jokingly asking.

Alhaitham looked up at Kaveh and raised an eyebrow, just slightly though, "Do you ever stop talking about it? You seem to be bringing it up every chance you get." It wasn't like Alhaitham minded though. Besides, who wouldn't be excited for their own wedding with the one they've been in love with for a decade.

Kaveh moved closer to Alhaitham, lensing his head on his shoulder. Then he whispered, "Well, yeah. I'm just excited, you know? I mean, we're getting married. Can you believe it? I've always dreamed of this moment... Have I ever mentioned that I want to get a dog to accompany Mehran? I know cats and dogs don't go well with each other, but you and I are the perfect opposite representation of that! Oh, I also forgot to mention I really don't want a kid, at least for now. I'm way too busy with work and stuff. We can also go to Inazuma some time together. Just think of the things we can do together. Doesn't that make you feel excited?" Kaveh ranted on, smiling as he thought about their future together.

Alhaitham never really talked about their engagement, but that didn't mean he didn't think about it all the time. It had been the moment he'd always dream of as well. They had loved each other so much for so long.

"So... What do you want to do today? It's literally your birthday, so I don't expect you to just sit here and read books the whole day." Kaveh said, moving his arm to lock around Alhaitham's.

Right, it was already the eleventh of February. Alhaitham had completely forgotten about it, never really caring about that particular day. He just sighed, eyes not parting from his book. Then he replied, "You know I don't celebrate my birthdays. It's honestly just another normal day, so I don't get why people are so hyped about birthdays."

"I don't think that's what you thought when you bought me Mehran, a cat, which you were really allergic to." Kaveh sounded quite demanding, "Just tell me what you want to do today, alright? I just want this day to be special for you, just like how you made my birthday special."

Alhaitham turned his head and looked down to see Kaveh's face, "What if I were to tell you that I want you to shut up?" He didn't hold back a slight smile that appeared on his face right after he said that.

Kaveh glared, hard. "Wow, you're so funny and original, Haitham. Now, seriously, what do you want to do today? I'm kind of bored too, you know? Well, not only that. I mean I want to spend your birthday with you. It's your special day, just make it count."

Alhaitham gave a quick kiss on the side of Kaveh's lips and went back to reading. Then he said, "Since it's my birthday, why don't you plan out something to surprise me?"

"Yes!" Kaveh's face brightened, "I already have everything planned out in case — no, because I knew you'd say you didn't want to go anywhere." He stood up and held out his hand, expecting Alhaitham to grab it. They both got up and walked out of the house.

They were walking for a few minutes before arriving to the place Alhaitham had taken Kaveh to on his birthday. Then, they sat down. Kaveh moved close to Alhaitham, their shoulders touching. He took out a keychain with a green gem on it from his pocket, handing it over to Alhaitham, "I made this for you a week ago. Of course, I have other things to give you, but take this for now."