Chapter 12

Alhaitham could feel himself laying on a soft mattress. He rolled to lay on his side, and slowly opened his eyes. The light hit his eyes, making him squint. He could see that he was sleeping on the couch in the living room. Alhaitham sighed and sat up, feeling an immense pain throughout his body once more. Then he remembered what had happened a few hours ago. He'd passed out when he and Kaveh was having sex, and Kaveh probably carried him to lay on the couch. It hurt everywhere, especially his lower back higher legs, and ass. He tried to stand up, but his legs were way too weak. Alhaitham threw himself back on the couch, letting out a loud groan.

Alhaitham threw his head back, almost impossible to move his legs as they were too numb. He could hear Kaveh banging something with metal or wood from the study room. They definitely broke the desk. Then he slid down from the couch, sitting on the floor. He decided to drag himself across the room with his hands to go see what Kaveh was doing.

Alhaitham sat up properly and peaked through the creak of the opened door to the study room. He saw one of the legs of his desk had been broken, and Kaveh was sitting there, fixing it. Alhaitham's face heated up. They were too carried away that time. It shouldn't have happened. He wanted to take a closer look, but ended up making a loud noise while trying to open the door even more. Kaveh turned around to look at Alhaitham. The architect had his hair in his face again. Alhaitham was quite tired of telling him to tie his hair when doing any work, but obviously he didn't listen.

Kaveh threw the screwdriver on the floor and walked over to Alhaitham, sitting down right next to him. "Are you okay?" He asked, seeing how Alhaitham didn't barge right into the room and scold him for breaking the desk.

Alhaitham shook his head slightly. "I don't know how it isn't obvious, but no, Kaveh. I am far from okay. Maybe you haven't noticed it, but my legs are too numb for me to even stand up." He glared at Kaveh, thinking of how much of an imbecile he was; asking such a stupid question.

Kaveh scooted over to sit even closer to Alhaitham, their hips touching, "I'm sorry, but you did ask for it though." He placed a hand on his junior's softly, intertwining their fingers.

Kaveh wasn't lying. Alhaitham definitely did ask for it, telling him to make a mess out of him. To Alhaitham's surprise, Kaveh took it more seriously than he'd anticipated. "You really didn't need to rub it in." Alhaitham looked at Kaveh with a slight shade of red on his face, "Get my desk repaired before I wake up tomorrow morning."

Kaveh seemed offended like he always did by every small thing Alhaitham said or did. His hold on Alhaitham's hand tightened just slightly, "Are you crazy? It's already a few minutes before ten! How do you expect me to finish fixing a broken desk leg before I get to work tomorrow?"

Alhaitham shrugged and looked down at his other hand, "I don't know. Figure that out yourself."

Kaveh groaned in annoyance, "Look, you're not the only one with some sort of.. pain in your body. Do you know what marks you left on my back a few hours ago? Nail marks, deep as fuck. They hurt as hell. They feel like they're burning when in contact with water. So, Alhaitham, do me a favour and let me rest for a bit."

Alhaitham did not respond. He just sat there, staring at the wall. Then suddenly, he felt Kaveh's head leaning on his shoulder. He stared down at Kaveh, who was also staring up at him. Then Kaveh gave him a smile, "Don't worry, Haitham. I'm sure it'll get better by tomorrow morning."

They both stared at the wall in front of them, just sitting in silence for a while. It wasn't awkward, though. It usually happened when they were both calm and weren't bickering about every little thing.

"...Kaveh."
"Mm?"
"I love you."

Kaveh stood up, moving his head from Alhaitham's shoulder and turned to look at him, his face being a blushing mess. "What... What did you say?"