Moonrise

Author's note: Thank you everyone for the massive support for my Dragon Prince gender-bent AU. I know I promised I'll update every Tuesday and I'm sorry I broke that promise. I've just been extra busy with my pup.

And a massive thank you to my beta Yuuguregurl21 oh and another thank you to Zubeia on The Dragon Prince Wikia for the amazing work on the transcripts, without them I wouldn't get the chapter out. X)

My social media handles:

Twitter: @RoseRozu1

Tumblr: @RoseRozu22

Discord:RoseRozu#2428

Trigger warning: Violent murder

Katolis castle is seen during a sunset, however the habitants of the castle are seen preparing for the elves. As King Harrow picks up his crown and places it on his head, he readies himself for battle.

Afterwards, Harrow walks down a hallway accompanied by four Crownguard soldiers, until they stop in front of Soren waiting at a door. Soren presents Harrow with his sword, which the king glances at for a moment, then puts it away into its sheath. Under the full protection of his Crownguard, Harrow proceeds toward the tower where his chambers are located.

There, soldiers equipped with crossbows prepare themselves on the balcony of the chambers while Pip curiously watches them, then flies away. The sun sets while the guards keep their watch. While Harrow practises a few swings with his sword, Pip lands on his shoulder.

"This may be the end." Harrow said with sadness, he then looked towards the endless sky. "Sarai, please watch over our children."

Pip then chirps with worry but also looks towards the sky as if to send prayer towards a certain elf to protect his human's stepdaughter. Harrow then scratches Pip's chin, then pats his back as he could feel Pip's worry. "Aw, who gives the best birdie kisses? Pip does." Pip then squawks in amusement.

Meanwhile, Claudia and Viren are seen heading towards Viren's office through one of many castle corridors.

"But I don't understand. The switching spell will save his life. Why would he say no?" Claudia said with shock after being told by her father that Harrow said no to the idea. "Did he think of Calla and Ezran?"

"King Harrow is a principled man. Usually, about things like this but... I don't know." Viren said. "We have to save the king somehow."

"How?" Claudia asked.

"I had proposed that Calla would marry Kasef, the Crown Prince of Neolandia. With their military prowess, the elves will have no chance." Viren answered. "But like with your idea about the switching spell, he turned it down."

"He's just being stubborn, dad. But I can see why he would turn down the marriage idea. He fell in love with Queen Sarai naturally, so why can't Calla do the same."

"Because of what she is or rather, who her birth father is." Viren then looked towards his daughter and finally realised what was happening. "You're in love with Calla."

"So, what if I am?" Claudia asked with anger.

Viren sighed. "You must let those feelings go, Claudia. She's in a class much higher than the rest of us." Viren then looked at a portrait of Viren and Harrow hanging on the wall before he thought of a way to make Harrow change his mind. "There is one thing I could do to convince him."

"And what's that?" Claudia asked curiously.

"If I tell you, you'll only stop me." Viren says and leaves an upset Claudia alone in the office. As Viren exits the room and Claudia turns her attention back towards the portrait. Seconds later, she notices Harrow's sealed letter rolling up to her feet and examines it thoroughly. Claudia begins to grow suspicious and approaches the painting of the girl holding a sheep where the secret corridor is located. While examining the painting, she notices the jelly handprint Ezran had left behind, puts her finger into it, and gives it a taste.