19~ They lurk in the shadows

We continued to track down wild narnians and i successfully awoke many bears, lots of cheetahs and tigers, a few eagles, and quite a significant amount of wolves and deer.

By the end of the afternoon our odds at winning were looking stronger and stronger.

We had told each narnian to make their way to the stone table and prepare for battle. So as our mission drew to a close we too went back to the mound.

"I knew you could do it!" Peter said riding beside me.

There hadn't really been much opportunity for talking earlier as we all wanted to save time.

I furrowed my brows "well I was sort of forced into a do or die moment" I recalled when peter had halted Susan's arrow. Most of me was glad with his decision as it resulted in me learning more about my powers, and it meant Samantha got to live of course. But a microscopic corner of my mind was a bit annoyed, after all he did put my life on the line. "But I'm grateful for your decision, narnia stands a better chance because of you"

Peter nodded, then a look came about him. He looked in deep thought. He was pondering his next words very very carefully. "The truth is Amy,"

I nodded, anticipating the information.
He took a breath, opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again and then continued.
"I just couldn't get the prophecy, your prophecy, off my mind. Partly the later end."

'Bring Magic to Narnia where there was none before.' I recited, starting to put the prices together.

"Exactly!" Peter responded. " It must be why your here, to make fill Narnia with the magic it had long ago. That's why I stopped Susan's arrow, I knew that you could do it."

"That it's what I'm meant to do." I continued. Peter smiled sweetly thankful I understood. He then begun to tell me how Edmund had tried to tackle him earlier when he had stopped Susan.

I couldn't stop laughing. So much so that Edmund glanced back to us and furrowed his brow. He slowed his horse and kept pace with us.

"What are you two laughing at?"

"How can you always tell when it's about you?!" Peter snickered.

Edmund shook his head "why am I not surprised." Paused then said "well I know it was about me now so you've simply got to tell me."

He looked at me with eyes I could not refuse, so with a sigh I caved. "Apparently you got a bit upset with poor Peter here earlier."

I could hear Peter fighting the laugh that was desperately pushing its way out of his mouth. It made me chuckle. Edmund pulled a sarcastic face, although I could see right through it, he was trying not to laugh as well. He looked away from me and peter shaking his head with a smile.

Suddenly Peter whispered six words that painted a massive gleeful smile upon my face.

"He really likes you, you know"

Edmund turned back around swiftly "what was that?" He almost hissed.

"Nothing" peter responded with a voice crack that made it look even more suspicious.

Me and Edmund laughed at this. And peter just mumbled "I hate puberty"

___

After a few more minutes of riding Caspian let out a bellow that bounced off the branches "WE'RE ALMOST BACK, WATCH OUT FOR TELMARINES, THEY LURK IN THE SHADOWS."

Shudders slithered down my spine. A ball of dread sunk to the bottom of my stomach, I had that same awful feeling as the night of the raid. Peeking at the others I could ll they did too as not another word was spoken, eyes darted around, scanned dim bushes and shaded groves. Knuckles whitened as they gripped reigns in anticipation. And cold sweat began to drip from all of our foreheads. As we grew closer to the mound, the Lucious forest thinned, and we somehow seemed farther from safety.