4 ~ The prophecy

-Edmunds P.O.V-

Lucy had wandered off to a gathering of large rocks. I walked over to her, the others following and examined them. "catapults..." I muttered " this didn't just happen" i spoke dread setting in my stomach "Cair Paravel was attacked."

-Amy's P.O.V-

There was a moment of silence after edmund spoke, each of us contemplating the attack on Cair Paravel. Peter then walked over to one of the few remaining walls and cast aside some overgrown vines, revealing to us a small wooden door within the structure. Peter begun to bash the door, the wood cracking at the striking of his broad shoulders.

"Hold on" I said walking over, reached the door and grabbed the handle  "have you tried this" I said easily opening the door with no effort, a laugh forming on all of our faces. 

"Right, yeah, good idea Amy" Peter said, shocked at his utter stupidity.
We all leaned into the gap within the wall and stared into its darkness.
Peter started to tare up his shirt and wrapped the cloth roughly around a nearby branch. 

"What on earth are you doing?" Lucy questioned.

"Well we're going to need to see down there, aren't we Lou?" He replied, continuing to craft a torch to light.

"Will this help" Edmund spoke, my attention drew to him he had placed himself next to me yet again, my heart fluttered. He opened his satchel so carefully, like it was a precious gem. His fingers grasped an object within the bag. He pulled it out and twirled it on his finger, catching it in his palm. A torch. He smiled mischievously to himself.

"You might have mentioned that a bit sooner!" Peter exclaimed. We all laughed at the fact that he had now been outwitted twice within the past minute.

Edmund walked through the door first and I followed, peter Susan then lucy behind me, we all walked for a minute down what felt like a hundred steps.

we reached the bottom and Edmund illuminated the corridor with his torch, the walls were covered in intricate gold Narnian patterns which reflected the light from his torch. The room lit up with a golden glow. We all advanced further forward as a group and i saw Edmund looking closely at the golden patterns on the walls. I looked for myself, it seemed to be a story of some sort, a legend maybe, told to us through pictures along the walls. 

"I wonder what this is all about" Edmund spoke, his strong voice echoing slightly about the chamber "Ive never seen this Narnian tale before."

"me neither," Susan replied "perhaps something that occurred after we returned to England"

"hey, its Aslan!" lucy exclaimed "It looks like he's roaring at a baby, What do you think that's about?" she then asked.

"I'm not sure Lou, maybe the baby was a traitor of Narnia?" Peter responded.

"I don't think that's the case" Edmund said illuminating a block of golden text at the bottom of the artwork  "She who has received the roar, shall bring Magic to Narnia where there was none before." He read aloud. 

"This prophecy could have something to do with why we are back in Narnia" Susan said breaking the trance that had befallen me after hearing that statement. 

I glanced to the side of me, a shimmer catching my eye "there's something over there" I said, walking forward, the others followed. We went through a set of large gates and entered what looked like a tomb at first glance.

"Our things!" Lucy squealed as she ran over to the chests below mighty statues.

I watched as each of the siblings made their way over to a chest, gleeful expressions on their faces. They each knew exactly what everything was within their chests and gazed at the ancient items with nostalgic eyes.

"I cant believe it... its all still here!" Peter chuckled.

"oh my gosh" lucy giggled, "I was so tall" she held up a woman's dress that was about a foot taller than her. 

Susan replied with a smile "well, you were older then." and we all laughed quietly.

"As opposed to hundreds of years later...  when you're younger" Edmund said sarcastically.

Susan, Lucy and Peter returned to pulling items from their chests and remembering their times in Narnia with fondness. I stood watching at the back of the room as I did not have chest to unpack, I felt rather out of place for a moment. 

Luckily Edmund called me over "Amy" we locked eyes and he waved me over to him with a sweet smile. Adorned on his head was the most oversized and stupid looking helmet. I laughed quietly as i walked over to where he stood.

"try this on" he said with a chortle and placed a rather ugly iron hat upon my head, it was far to big for me and so drooped to one side. 

"you know Edmund... I think I may have just discovered my new style" I said sarcastically.

Edmund was hysterical and doubled over with laughter. I blushed. Did I really look that bad? I pulled the helmet off my head and smoothed my hair back down.

"oh fiddlesticks!" Susan exclaimed.

"What is it?" Lucy replied with concern in her eyes.

"my horn, its not here... I must have left it on my saddle the day we went back"

Peter pulled a grand Golden sword from his chest and drawing the blade from the scabbard he held it up to the light to gaze at it. "when Aslan bares his teeth, winter meets its death." he recited.

"when he shakes his mane... we shall have spring again." Lucy contributed, she paused and looked down in sorrow "Everyone we knew... Mr Tumnus and The Beavers," she swallowed as if it was the hardest thing she had ever said "they are all gone." 

everyone looked at each other with sadness in their eyes, I had no idea who she was talking about but I could tell that they were dear to the Pevensies.

"I think its time we found out what's going on" peter said solemnly, "lets all change into our old clothes" 

Edmund, Peter and lucy all turned around and begun to dig around the chests for their old Narnian clothing. Susan was knowingly looking at me, I smiled thankful for her sweet consideration. 

"You can borrow some of mine Amy I was your age here once" she chuckled as she spoke and handed me the loveliest of hunting dresses, there was a low waisted whalebone corset below the chest that led to the straight long skirt, and the sleeves were a perfect length for my arms, the neckline was breath-taking as it was embroidered with the utmost beautiful Narnian patterns. She passed me stunning handcrafted Narnian boots also. 

Us three girls changed behind a stack of rubble in the corner of the chamber while the boys changed in the corridor outside of the room. 

We emerged from behind the rubble to find Peter and Edmund already dressed and geared up with swords and other weapons. Edmund looked astonishingly handsome, he wore a light blue satin top with handcrafted Narnian black trousers. Neither of us could stop staring at each other. I had noticed him gazing at me in my new attire with a shimmer in his eyes.

"Lucy lets go and grab our weapons" Susan took Lucy's arm and dragged her back to the chests.

"here Amy you can have one of my old swords" Edmund handed me a mighty silver blade. "do you know how to use it? we never know what we may come across in Narnia you see." he asked

"slightly, my father taught me the basics when I was little but-" I stopped myself from spiralling  "but I don't know much"

he chuckled at my nervousness "Well, you have the stance and grip perfect so far" he paused, a smile appearing in his eyes as he lifted his blade "but can you block an attack?" 

A/N: the plot was kind of introduced a bit more here! this was a slightly longer chapter so I hope you enjoyed it, if you did please vote I would really appreciate anything even comments with feedback or ideas?