The God of Death only growled in anger, knowing both of them were right.

"Pikachu is right, brother dear" A sweet voice spoke "Don't blame them" The Voice belonged to a beautiful angelic girl, who looked same age as Ash. She has beautiful blue eyes and her indigo hair is in a ponitail. She wore Purple-Blue Armour, and had a Golden horn shaped Tiara resting on her head.

"Lady Xerneas" Ash bowed in greeting, his partner following a second later, as they greeted the Goddess of Life

Said Goddess chuckled lightly while shaking her head "You don't need to bow to me, Ashura" She said softly "We are friends"

"You mean more than friends" Yveltal muttered. He knows very well that Ash has been sleeping with his sister, since the Kalos Crisis.

It was funny actually. Despite being trillions of years Old, his Sister had been a chaste Virgin while Ash was considered romantically dense by his friends, as many women had tried to win his affection to no avail. He knows that girl Serena had tried on multiple occasions.

So both of them shagging each other seemed like an enormous jape for the God of Death. Though he knows that Xerneas isn't the only girl Ash had shagged.

"So if I am not dead. Then why am I here" Ash asked confused.

"When the Ultra Wormhole collapsed during your fight, it became a singularity of tremendous energy" Yveltal explained "The energy destroyed yours and Pikachu's body."

The Ultra Space is the centre of the Multiverse. A huge endless ocean from where infinite number of Universes, alternate realities and Dimensions emergy. It's a miracle, that the energy only destroyed Ash's body and not his soul.

"But due to your unnaturally high amount of Aura, your soul and spiritual power is still intact. It is preventing your Soul from passing to the afterlife" Xerneas explained, obvious relief flooding her voice "Right now we are in a Limbo. A place between life and death".

Ash was silent for a few moments before he asked "Don't tell me I will be stuck here for eternity".

"Of course not" Xerneas shook her head "Lady Ho-oH had already started on forging you a new body. However it is a delicate task, and we cannot break the natural order of the Universe. You know how grumpy my brother Zygarde can get whenever someone breaks the balance between life and death"

Not when Zygarde is already cross with them after the fiasco that was the Kalos Crisis.

[How long will it take?] Pikachu asked nervously, causing Xerneas to look nervous.

"We don't know" The Goddess looked sheepish.

"That is why Lord Arceus has a solution" Yveltal said.

"What is it?" Ash asked eagerly, just wanting to get out of here.

"He will send you in a new Universe, until your body here is repaired" Yveltal answered.

"New Universe?" He tilted his head. He has been in different Universes before. The Cave of Mirrors and the Alternate Reality coming to his mind.

"Yes" The God nodded "Unfortunately he didn't specify in which One he is sending you. And there are infinite numbers of them. He only informed us that this Universe doesn't have any Pokemon in it"

[No Pokemon?!] Pikachu's ears dropped in depression. No Pokemon means no battles. And they don't know how long they will be there. Ash too looked disappointed but sighed in acceptance.

"Well something is better than nothing" He smiled before bowing "Thanks for this you guys. I owe you two"

"Don't get used to it. We are only following Arceus's command" Yveltal grumbled narrowing his eyes at him "And remember you cannot escape me for eternity. One day you will die for real and then your soul will be mine".

With that final jab, the God of Death teleported away.

"Ignore him. He is obsessed with you" Xerneas scoffed at her brother before approaching Ash with a smile. She lovingly placed her hand on his cheek, smiling tenderly "Take care of yourself, okay" She said, a little worried.

"You know I will. There is no need to worry" Ash pumped his fist.

"That's when I worry the most" She muttered and looked at Pikachu "Make sure he doesn't jump face first into danger". The Mouse Pokemon saluted. 

"I will be fine" Ash muttered, causing the Goddess to smile. She leaned forward and placed a tender kiss on his lips, her hand lovingly caressing his cheek. After a few seconds, she broke the lip contact and stepped back.

"For good luck" She muttered, as Ash smiled.

"Goodbye" He managed to say before the boy and his Pokemon were engulfed in a White light and dissapered in a flash.

"Arceus watch over them" Xerneas prayed quitely, her eyed glazed, as she stared at the distance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:-

Arceus not reviving Ash immediately because of disruption of balance is pure bullshit. He had lied to Yveltal and Xerneas. The Reason Arceus didn't revive Ash immediately will be explained in later chapters.

So Ash and Pikachu will arrive in AoT in the next Chapter. And it will be bloody. So just one thing:- Ash is not dense in this fic. As you can already see, he is sleeping with Xerneas (in her Human form of course). 

I also hope you liked the interaction between Ash and Yveltal. The God of Death annoyed at Ash cheating death time and again. He tried to act tough, but secretly he sees Ash as a frenemy (Friend/Enemy).