𝟬𝟭. 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀

Începe de la început

"London?"

"You are overreacting, Dua" That was all Meerab expressed when their order arrived at the table making her pause for a brief seconds before the waiter left.

"Am I missing something?" Ayesha inquires curiously wanting to know what piece of information she was missing.

Glaring some dead shot stares at Meerab, Dua harshly grabbed an iPad from her black tote bag and opening a tab she passes it to her friend who was curious to investigate the situation and know more.

She almost gasped snapping at Meerab on her right and almost shrieked "You want to continue your studies in London?" she asks more in shock. This was a piece of news to them, she never mentioned studying LLM that too in London.

"She just doesn't want to study in London but has already applied to university, once our results are out madam has to just submit her mark sheet and be done, they will give her admission" Dua said almost taunting. She was hurt, never in years had her best friend tried to hide anything from her no matter what.

They always share everything little detail about each other, this was not just done. Dua thought

Meerab nods her head recklessly and decided to eat, her best friend is gonna continue with drama unless she gets a new topic to get obsessed over.

"How dare you try to hide this from me, I'm your best friend" Dua almost chided, her vexation was increasing with every second that Meerab made her feel like she was not taking her and her talks seriously.

Ayesha figured out, unless her stubborn friend is done she can't say a word so rather she decided to check pictures recently clicked on one of her friend's birthdays before bar exams which only Meerab had and she kept forgetting to share with all because of exams.

"I didn't get chanc-" she was interrupted even before Meerab could finish off her sentence as an explanation. "I'm not buying this, I'm around almost all the time and you want me to believe that you didn't get a chance?" she spoke in a stern tone "Apologize" she ordered sounding dramatic this time, and leaning back against the chair picking up a tall glass of cold coffee.

"Excuse me?" Meerab said taking offense "Maybe you should apologize for touching my iPad without my permission and then going through my stuff" she added rolling her eyes off

"I didn't inform you because I decided this a month back and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to convince Maa Begum about this, don't you know my family?" Meerab asks sounding more than obvious, it wasn't something new for both of them to listen.

"Well you know it's not a cakewalk, then what gives you the confidence to apply in London already when it was a task for you to convince everyone for your law studies back then?" Dua smirks. She know Khans and their traditions well, it was a huge thing for them to allow the daughter of their family to study law and that too away from family for 3 years.

"I don't know" Meerab responded with a lost look remembering the struggle she had to go through convincing everyone in the family for her law studies. Undoubtedly she was the daughter of the Khan family and brought up in the same household but despite of this she was different from them, different from the rest of the girls in their house, most importantly she had the guts to take a stand for herself and fight to achieve something she wants which others never did.

"Baba supported me last time for my law studies but I'm not sure he will support me or even try to understand me this time" she said remembering the time when she demanded to study abroad after high school just like any of her other cousins but her demand was dismissed only because daughters are not allowed to sent away from family, unlike their sons.