1: departure x and x friends

you grunted as the ship once again jerked on the waves, sending one of the seaman to tumble into you and knock you over

you grunted as the ship once again jerked on the waves, sending one of the seaman to tumble into you and knock you over. "he-ey! sorry about that!" he bowed as an apology before going to pick up the goods he dropped.

there was currently a storm outside so you and the rest of the crew sat in a room below deck, practically all hunter exam applicants and the members of the ships crew were sprawled out on the wooden planks of the floor.

you sat against the wall staring at the door as everyone writhed against the nausea. the door creaked open and the captain of the ship peaked his head into the room. his nose looked like an apple as he scanned the applicants.

"here try these herbs!" a boy with green spiked up hair offered one of the sea sick men."chew them up real good and you'll feel better." you took note of his age, finding it rather impressive that he was fine with the conditions outside and their affect on the ship. he seemed around your age.

the man he was helping mumbled out a request, and the boy turned to ask the man that had previously clamored into you—asking him to retrieve some water before comforting the crumbling male. the captains eyes widened at the sight of him before his attention was caught by you yawning.

he then glanced to the left of you, noticing a blonde male in a hammock reading. he had, to you, pretty eyes.

another male, with black hair and glasses wearing a business suit sat in a corner and bit into a green apple. he cringed at the taste aloud, causing the captain to look at him. "thats what i call a sour apple!"

the captain grinned before nearly being knocked over by the same man who knocked you over, "coming through!" he came into the room with his hands held above his head carrying water.

he held them out to the boy, "here, i got your water!" the boy took the water from him and replied by thanking him.

he now held his hands out to the blonde man who writhed with seasickness, "there, drink up!" he smiled kindly.

while this was happening the captain continued to observe us.

"your the best! thanks for your help mr. katzo!" the boy gave the cup back to the red headed male before the captain ordered "you four, follow me." when we got there he stood to face us,

"right then, go down the line and tell me your names." you stood between the older blonde boy and the green haired boy.

"my names gon!" he exclaimed sticking up his hand.

"i am called kurapika." the blond boy spoke. 'kyaaa he has a cool name too!'

"the name is leorio." the taller man said with his hands on his hips.

"hiiii im [y/n]!" you waved.

the captain nodded in approval, before posing another question "good good...why do you want to become hunters?"