I chuckle and turn back to the customers in front of me. "What can I get ya?" I ask, a big smile decorating my face. I write down their order on the small notebook. A cheesecake, a small cappuccino, a latte macchiato and a strawberry cake.

"That's it, thank you," the older lady in front of me says, giving me a sweet smile.

I smile back and walk towards the kitchen to hand Elias the order. Flynn is sitting next to the counter where I place the small note with the order on it. "You have to ask him," she says, piercing her eyes at the display case where the cakes are in.

Liam next to her points at the chocolate one and my best friend opens the display case. "I don't know," I say, looking around if anyone wants to order something.

"What do you mean you don't know. What happened to the independent woman I've spent my whole life with? Just ask him out, you'll have a great time," she says, cutting the piece of chocolate cake in two halfs. "This one is yours," she tells Liam, pointing at the right half. "And that's mine." She points at the left one.

Liam nods, his eyes almost as big as his whole head right now. Kora walks up to us and puts her hands on her hips. Tapping her right foot on the floor she grumbles, "Don't you think Liam already had enough sugar, Flynn?"

"There's no such thing as too much sugar, Aunti Kora," she says, taking her piece of chocolate cake in her hand. "Especially when it comes to chocolate."

Liam smiles in agreement and Kora sighs. "And about you, little lady, you should definitely ask him out."

I watch Kora take the piece of cake away from Liam and put it behind the counter. "I think I will do that. Yeah. I am an independent woman, I don't need to wait for a man to ask me out. I can ask him out. I will."

"At least give me the piece, if Liam can't have it!" Flynn protests, looking at Kora putting it away.

...

The huge black door in front of me opens and I get greeted by Julien's face, his freckles glimmering in the lowering sun. He smiles at me. "Bill Bill! What can I do for you?" he asks me.

"I need to see Chris. Like right now," I tell him and smile innocently.

Julien wiggles his eyebrows and steps aside from the door, letting me in. I walk pass him and hear him closing the door. "So, what do you want from our golden boy?"

I walk towards the living room from where I can rush upstairs, hearing Julien following me. "I need to ask him something important. Is he upstairs?"

"Well-"

"Hey, Biscuit," Blake greets me. He is sitting on the black couch, watching Teen Wolf, what I assume was Julien's idea to watch. He smirks and places his arms on the back of the couch. Resting his chin on his arms he almost looks innocent. Devil himself.

"What is he doing here?"

"Technically, Blake's my best friend, so it's not actually odd for him to be here," Julien says, tucking his hands into the pockets of his pants. He moves closer to my ear. My eyes are still on Blake, who is currently turning the smirk into a grumpy look. "But between us, I like you being here way more than him being more,"Julien whispers.

I look up to him and smile.

"Hey! What are you whispering," Blake grumbles and I give him a smile.

"None of your business, Blakey Boy," I say and rush upstairs. I hear Blake and Julien argue but don't bother listening. Blake can think what he wants to. I don't care.

I knock on the blue door on the right what I assume must be Chris'. "Come in," I hear from inside and open the door.

Chris is laying on his bed, scrolling through his phone. He looks up and smiles when he sees me. Screaming without the s. "Hi," I greet him.

"Hi," he greets me back and gets up from his bed. "I didn't know you'd come to Julien's too tonight."

"I am not here because of the bromance down there. I wanted to ask you something, actually," I say. I think I am about to shit my pants. I've never been this scared to ask a guy out. What is wrong with you.

"Did something happen, or-"

"No, no, definitely not. I- uh-" This might be the first time I stuttered. I never stutter, especially not because of this reason. Get your shit together! "Do you wanna go out?"

"Like a Date?"

"No, as in going out of the atmosphere," I say.

Chris just gives me a weird expression. I want to slap myself. Like please someone run me over.

"That was a joke. Sarcasm. Not a funny one though. Sorry."

"I figured."

Kill me. I close my eyes and just turn back around towards the door. Chris jumps towards me and takes my hand. "I'd love to go out!"

No fucking way that just worked.

_ _ _

This is my official apology for not updating at all💀

I am so sorry you had to wait like two weeks, I am just very very busy right now. But I'll try to write more.

Also about the promised new book. It'll take some more time, especially cause I probably have to change her name from Eve to something else cause it's just too similar to Evans. But we will see. And I don't have a name for the book so far.

But if I figure that out, I will publish it. It's basically an enemies to lovers book with a sports romance and fake dating trope. So you will enjoy it, I guess.

I hope the small spoiler is making up for not posting 👀