Tyunning- Succeed for Me

Start from the beginning

Taehyun walked away. That was easy to say because they weren't his parents. It took him two classes to realize he didn't actually make any plans with Kai. Pathetically, he waited outside the school doors for him.

Kai walked out laughing with his friends. He saw Taehyun walking up to him. That killed his mood. Soobin grumbled by his side. "Ugh, what does he want now?"

Taehyun could feel how unwanted he was. "I was just wondering when you were available to study..."

Yeonjun butt in "he's not available today. We have plans. I'm sure that's something you're not familiar with." The group laughed.

"Guys, cut it out. I'll meet you there. Just give me a second." Kai waited until his friends left to talk to him. "I'm assuming you're available whenever?"

Taehyun looked down in shame. He forced himself to look back up. His pride was extremely damaged. "Pretty much."

"The final is in two weeks. I'm not sure how much help I can be in that time."

"I'll take any help!"

"Fine. Meet me at the doors here after school tomorrow. We will go to my house."

"Thanks."

The boys split to go their separate ways. Taehyun went to get berated while Kai hung out with his friends.

The next day, Taehyun was getting impatient waiting. He was starting to think Kai lied to him as some sort of mean prank. He saw him a couple minutes later with a guitar in his hands. "What took you so long?"

Kai turned right back around to go put it back.

Taehyun's attitude always was his downfall in life. It's why he didn't have any friends. "I'm sorry! That came out worse than intended. I just assumed this was a prank and that you weren't really coming."

"Why would I do that?"

He didn't have a good answer. He kept assuming things about the younger with nothing to base it on. "I don't know..."

Kai handed Taehyun the guitar then unlocked his car doors. They drove to the Huening house in silence. Their walk into his bedroom was also in silence. Kai had posters of all of his favorite musicians plastered on his wall. An entire shelf was dedicated to signed albums with funko pops used as book ends.

Taehyun was also surprised to see his bed was 90% stuffed animals, 10% actual mattress. He sat on the small couch against the wall then tried to hand the guitar back.

Kai shook his head. "Guitar is easier to play than piano. I'm not going to bother teaching you the written portion. I know you've memorized music theory and that shit. Do you know any basic chords?"

Taehyun knew them. Doesn't mean he could play them. He tried his best to strum d minor but his fingers slipped. He heard Kai giggle which he assumed meant he was being made fun of. "I'm trying my best!"

Kai laughed because he thought it was cute. He refused to say it outloud but the blush on his cheeks gave it away. Taehyun noticed his rival's face getting gradually more red as their fingers on the neck of the guitar met. He felt his own being positioned into the correct hold. He held his breath for some reason as Kai kept adjusting his hands. When the other backed away, he started to breathe again. Taehyun strummed. It was a lot easier than before.

As their study went on, Kai kept adjusting his trainee's fingers while talking him through what he was doing.

Taehyun got nervous every time. He found it hard to concentrate. He wondered if Kai was always this touchy or if it was only with him. His skills were already better and it's only been a day. He had the perfect mentor.