Beomkai- I've always loved you

Start from the beginning

Beomgyu watched him sweep. Drinking was difficult. Some of the liquid spilled from his lip, onto the table, before he got the hang of it. He used his sleeve to wipe it off.

When he finished his drink, he threw the bag of ice away and began to fill a mop bucket. He felt it was the least he could do for keeping Kai at work for so long. Kai Kamal Huening was the person he always ran to. No one made him feel better like his best friend did. Kai always seemed to know what to say or what to do. His boyfriend texted for him to get his ass home. Terrified, he started to mop quickly.

Kai came to the back to see the red head doing his job for him. "Hey! Go sit back down. I'll get you some more ice!"

"No, it's fine. I felt bad."

Kai gripped the mop until Beomgyu let go. He smiled as widely as he could given the situation. "If you mopped anymore, I'd have to pay you! Seriously, go drink the rest of your tea. I'll be done soon." He gently hugged him then pointed towards the lobby.

Beomgyu didn't want to let go in the hug. Kai just felt like safety. He got sad on his way back to the table. The rest of his drink was swallowed then tossed into the trash.

Kai heard a banging on the door. He went to the lobby to see that abusive asshole yelling at Beomgyu through the glass. His best friend was crying in his chair.

Soobin looked at Kai and yelled "OPEN UP! I'M COMING TO TAKE MY BOYFRIEND HOME!"

Kai mouthed "what? Can't hear you." He made dramatic hand gestures because it was funny. The front was now being mopped so he could monitor the situation.

Soobin kept pounding on the glass. "BEOMGYU YOU PIECE OF SHIT! YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM ME! I OWN YOU! YOU'RE NOTHING WITHOUT ME!"

Kai looked over to see Beomgyu sobbing into his arm. He dropped the mop to the ground and ran over to hold him. He whispered "shh. Don't listen to him. You're the best person I know."

Beomgyu looked up. He saw the sincerity on his best friend's face then sunk back against his chest. He cried into his shirt "don't let him hurt me again."

Soobin broke the door open. Seeing those two together was enough to send his rage overboard. One harsh kick to the side of the handle was all it took. The impact cracked the wood. The glass splintered into veins in the pane. The alarms blared. He grabbed Beomgyu by his hair and yanked him up to eye level. "I should've known you'd be with him!" He slapped Beomgyu hard.

The red head screamed "I'm sorry! I'm ready to go home now!"

Soobin tossed him down to the ground. He kicked his shin as hard as he could.

Beomgyu shrieked at the pain as he held his leg.

Kai has had it. He snapped the handle off of the mop then whacked Soobin across the face with it.

Beomgyu watched Soobin fall to the ground. They were both stunned at what Kai did. He saw the pure hatred in his eyes and pleaded "stop! This isn't you!"

Soobin stood up with a long red mark across his cheek. He was even more angry now. "YOU BITCH! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU FOR THAT!"

Kai hit him again before he could say anything else.

Another gash stung his cheek. Soobin touched it and noticed blood on his hands. Just when he was about to lunge at Kai, the police busted through the broken frame.

Everyone put their hands up. Beomgyu was rushed to the hospital as Kai and Soobin got arrested. Security camera footage and testimonials were enough to free Kai of all charges. Soobin was sent to jail while an officer drove Kai home.