five

ages 13 and 14

they were in the garden once again. only this time, they planned on watching the stars together. from the looks of it, you'd believe it was felix's idea, but you'd be wrong.

felix gasped. "hyung, you prepared all of this?" his eyes sparkled, looking at the blanket stretched out, and the basket of snacks placed next to it, felix catching sight of various snacks he's expressed his love for.

changbin only nodded shyly. felix looked up at him and hugged him tightly. at this point, he was still taller than the younger, but not by much. he was learning to accept a reality where he will be shorter than the freckled faced prince.

felix skipped closer to where the blanket was laid out. once he got there and settled down, he turned back to gesture to his grumpy friend to sit next to him.

changbin did so, walking slowly to his destination, and sitting curled up on the blanket to avoid making contact with the boy.

"wah, looks like all the stars came out just for us, bin hyung" felix grinned widely, looking up at the lit up sky.

the older hummed, and decided to look back at the younger. he watched as felix's cheeks would become bigger each time he'd smile, and noticed the way his freckles mimicked the star filled sky.

"pretty" changbin whispered, no intent for the other to hear, but he did.

felix giggled and looked away from the sky to him. still filled with so much happiness, he turned and grabbed both of changbin's cheeks.

"they're so so pretty!" felix agreed with him, or so he believed he did. it wasn't really what changbin meant, but he would never, ever admit that.

changbin felt his heartbeat stop for a millisecond when the boy touched him. usually he'd feel warm, but this time it was a bit different. he wasn't sure if he enjoyed the feeling all too much. it hurt his chest if he was being honest.

felix didn't really process what he had done, oblivious to the way he made the other feel. he finally let him go, and leaned over his lap in order to get the peanut filled bag of m&ms he knew changbin purchased just for him, due to his dislike of them.

felix tried his best to open the yellow packaging, but it was super hard. he didn't know why it wasn't budging. all of a sudden, his cheeks increased in temperature as the dark haired boy allowed his fingers to graze over his own, while removing the bag from his hand.

felix felt a buzzing feeling within. he couldn't focus on that much longer as changbin placed the bag back into his vision.

smiling warmly, he took it back, and began eating them happily.

felix remembered that night for the rest of his life. he'll always recall the fact that it was the first night changbin really spoke to him. he also learned how much his friend truly loved the stars by how he was able to name every single one of them to felix.