5: the crazy beau

Start from the beginning

Quickly, Kim Dokja turned around, only to be met by a familiar smile. "Sunbae?"

"Do you have any water with you?"

Wordlessly, Dokja got a bottle of water from his bag. He opened it first before handing it to his sunbae. "Sunbae, how are you feeling?"

[Ahn Eun-Byeol grows a bit of loyalty towards you.]

Eun-Byeol sunbae took a drink, emptying the bottle by half. "Could be better. Dokja-shi, it seems like I owe you one." Although Dokja wanted to refuse, having Eun-Byeol sunbae owe him a favor was too good a chance to pass up. After all, among their group, Eun-Byeol sunbae was the strongest. Just that, he should avoid fighting enemies that can do mental attacks.

"It's no problem, sunbae."

Eun-Byeol smiled, just as usual, before he shifted his attention towards their little guide. Dokja watched him in curiosity, wondering if he noticed something unusual about Lee Jihye.

"This little miss with the sword, I have a question I'd like you to answer."

"Ha?" Lee Jihye turned around, frowning when she saw that it was the man who kept making her sense of danger rattle. "What do you want?"

"You're from Taepung, aren't you?"

Jihye's eyes narrowed, preparing to swing her blade if he so much says a single word that triggers her.

"Do you know where I can find a girl named Ahn Binna?"

"Ahn Binna..?" Lee Jihye relaxed once she realized that this man wasn't aiming to unnerve her. Instead, the name he asked sounded so familiar. Ahn Binna, Ahn Binna, I'm sure I've heard that name somewhere before. But where? Just as she was about to give up, Lee Jihye suddenly screamed, scaring the shit out of everyone around her.

Except Eun-Byeol, of course.

"Ahn Binna! That little psycho!" Jihye stared at Eun-Byeol in surprise. "How do you know that girl? I heard she was kicked out of class for pranking the head teacher just before this whole thing happened!"

Kim Dokja, who realized Ahn Binna's relationship with his sunbae: "..." Does troublemaking run in their blood?

"Kicked out of class," Eun-Byeol sighed in frustration. "That means she must have been wandering around when I texted her." This just made things harder for Eun-Byeol. He thought that he could pick up his sister when he saw a girl wearing the uniform for Taepung.

But that little rascal had gone ahead and made trouble.

She was probably spending her time at the arcade or at an amusement park when he texted her.

Binna, you're making brother work hard.

"Sunbae," Dokja called out. "If we get a break time between scenarios, we can go look for her if you want."

[Ahn Eun-Byeol has begun to trust you.]

When Dokja saw this, he couldn't help but observe his sunbae's reaction. His sister must be very important to him.

"Thank you, Dokja-shi."

For a while, Ahn Eun-Byeol acted like a normal person.