CHAPTER 1

"DREAMS"

I arrived home and parked my car in the garage. I got out of the car before locking it. As I was walking towards the front door, a part of me wished that my parents wouldn't be home, granting me a temporary break from the emotional stress that they are giving me. I never had a good relationship with my parents, though they never physically abused me, but emotionally? they did. They did things that mentally pushed me away from them.

I yearned for a more loving and supportive family, but the reality of my relationship with my parents was a stark contrast to that dream.

I unlocked the front door and went inside, hoping to go unnoticed. When I got to the living room I saw my dad sitting on the couch watching tv. I carefully tiptoed past him, hoping to make it to my room unnoticed. However, just as I thought I was safe in his presence, his voice broke the silence, freezing me in my tracks.

"Where do you think you're going?" he barked, his suspicious eyes fixed on me. My heart raced as I turned to face him.

"I-I was just heading to my room," I stammered, trying to sound calm.

"Why are you home late?" He asked again

"Uhmmm I was busy working..." I explained. I was about to turn around to go to my room when I notice a bottle of alcohols in his hand and on the floor. 'Great' I said in my mind. 'He's drinking again'.

"Just t-tell mom that I'm home..." I said to him before heading upstairs to my room.

As I entered my room, I was greeted by the sight of boxes filled with my belongings, ready to be taken with me to my new place. Clothes, writing essentials, and sentimental items were among the things I carefully packed. I look around my room, having flashbacks of my memories here. While roaming my eyes around, a newspaper caught my eyes. The headline covered the gruesome murder of the infamous serial killer, Ghostface, in Roseville. Reading the news makes me want to redecide about going to Roseville.

While thinking if I really made the right decision, my mom's voice interrupted my thoughts, calling me downstairs for dinner.

I made my way to the kitchen, where they were already sitting. As I took my seat, I ate my food in silence. However, the silence was broken when my mom questioned my decision about moving out.

"Are you really sure about your decision of moving out?" she asked, and I simply nodded in response.

She didn't stop there, adding, "Why are you so desperate to follow that shitty dream of yours? It doesn't even pay you that much. If I were you, I would go find a more decent job." It hurts to hear her be little my dreams, but I knew arguing wouldn't change her mind. Staying quiet seemed like the best option, as it would avoid a heated argument. All I wanted was to return to my room to have some rest and wait for the day when I could leave this house and start a new chapter of my life away from their negativity.

"I'm done eating... I'm going back to my room," I said, pushing my chair back and placing my dishes in the sink. Without waiting for a response, I made my way upstairs to my room.

Closing the door behind me, I plopped down on my bed and stared at the ceiling, lost in thoughts about my upcoming life in the town of Roseville.

As the minutes ticked by, the weariness took over, and my eyes grew heavy. Slowly, I let them close, drifting off into a peaceful slumber. The excitement and uncertainty of the future awaited me in my dreams.

 The excitement and uncertainty of the future awaited me in my dreams