Chapter 20: Restless

Start from the beginning

Well...what did she mean by that? I mentally asked myself timidly.

"And I'll just pretend like I never heard what you just said" I replied rolling my eyes, trying to play all cool.

"I was looking for Madi, anyways" I lied yet again as suddenly Madison actually popped into my head.

"You know her, she's just too studious, she must be in the class already" Bethany replied and with that being said we reached our classroom.

I mentally thanked God when I saw that the professor was already present in the class, because that finally stopped Bethany's constant bickering and teasing.

The next few days went by in a blur as I prepared for my upcoming exams which were just the next day after the winter fest.

So you see how intelligent my school authority is to keep exams just the next day after whatever this dump fest that they conduct every year...please note the sarcasm. 

But anyways, I believe in myself and I know that I'll perform just amazing at the winter fest as well as my exams.

"Sean, where the hell is your sister? I barely see her these days, except for when we are in class" I asked Sean who just arrived in the cafeteria and sat next to Bethany.

"Oh just don't ask me about it" Sean replied shaking his head as if he knew where she was but yet he didn't want to talk about it.

"Oh you don't know, do you?" Bethany asked moving her gaze from her phone to me.

"What do I not know? Beth" I asked, confused.

"Ugh! You are always behind on school gossip" She replied rolling her eyes and giving me a boring look.

"That's because I don't like snooping around in other people's business, unlike you" I said jokingly.

"Now tell me what is it?" I asked curiously, really wanting to know what has been keeping our dear friend this busy these days.

"She's finally got a boyfriend!" Bethany replied excitedly as if it wasn't Madison's boyfriend we were talking about but her own.

"What?! And she didn't even tell me?" I complained to no one in particular, with a long face suddenly because Madison and I are pretty close and she literally tells me everything, always.

But not this time apparently. This time everybody else knew except me.

"Well. Cynthia, don't feel bad about it, she knew that you have been caught up in your own shit since the past few days..." Bethany paused.

"Maybe that's why she didn't tell you" She continued with a slight shrug.

"Yeah. You are right maybe" I mumbled sadly, realising that I was somehow drifting away from my friends and all this while there was only one person occupying my thoughts.

And that's Damien.

Which reminds me that how I haven't caught even a single glimpse of him anywhere around the school from the past few days.

Yeah, the last time I saw him was when he dropped me off at my place and that's it, I haven't seen him since then, which makes me wonder if something's up in his life, or if he's okay or not, or maybe he's just plainly avoiding me.

But he has always been avoiding me ever since our first encounter but it has never felt this way before...I mean he did avoid and ignore me before but he rarely ever skipped school, I would usually get to catch a glimpse or two of his, in the whole day.

But this time...it's just...it just feels different...him skipping school and me not seeing him since days...I mean it makes me feel weird...it makes my heart feel weird...the way that it has never felt, ever before.