He shrugged.

"Answer me Serkan," she poked him. Eda would keep poking him until he answered her. He had put them both through a week of self-doubt and misery. Her pokes were fueled by her irritation with him.

Serkan grabbed her pointy little finger, "Stop Eda. You know very well I wasn't involved. I was sitting on my miserable little ass at boarding school in England during that time. But my father. . . . . . "

Her fingers wrapped around his hand, "Is responsible you are not. You are not your father. You are nothing like him. Nothing. You were so afraid of me hating you that you broke up with me? And you didn't think that I would be angry with you for doing that?"

He pushed his head back into the headrest, "Eda sometimes with you I don't think too clearly. How could you not see the face of the family that killed yours every time you looked at me?"

"Serkan what do you see when you look at me?" she gently turned his face towards hers and forced his chin up until his eyes caught hers. Eda heard his slight intake of breath.

"What do you see Serkan?"

"You shouldn't Eda," he closed his eyes as if in pain. Eda leaned forward until their lips touched. She could feel his trembling under hers until he pulled her head towards hers in a kiss of desperation. Eda's hand held his face to hers.

Serkan pulled his lips back a little way and pressed his forehead against hers, "I love you Eda, I don't know how not to. I can't see you in the office and not want to be next to you."

"What did you see in my eyes Serkan? Did you see how much I love you? I don't see your father, I don't see my parent's I see you. I see the man I love who can be a little bit stupid and can take on things that aren't his responsibility. I see you and only you. Can you see it in my eyes?'

With a soft touch Serkan brushed her hair back from her face as he gazed into her eyes. Her love for him was blinding him, "How can you be real? How can you love me so much Eda?"

She kissed him softly, "I ask you the same Serkan, how can you love me so much? We were meant for each other. Remember you told me you couldn't part from me? Invisible handcuffs? We both wear them Serkan. Are you done with the foolishness?"

Serkan feathered kisses across her soft cheek and back to her lips, "If you're certain that we can work through this then never leave me. Love me always."

Eda speared her fingers through his hair as she pulled him closer and then gave a small growl of frustration as her seatbelt stopped her progress. Serkan chuckled as he kissed her forehead, "I guess this isn't the best place for a reconciliation. There's the backseat but I think we deserve more than the backseat."

She joined his laughter, her forehead on his shoulder and her lips on his neck, "We didn't plan this well and we definitely deserve more than the backseat. I have missed you Serkan Bolat."

He kissed her temple, "I have missed you Eda Yildiz but that is too tame of a word."

Eda sat back in her seat holding Serkan's hand with her head on his shoulder, "Serkan? How did the information about my parents come to light? Surely your father has known for years."

"About the accident? Yes, he has known for years. He claims to only have found out recently that the little girl that was affected was you but Eda I don't know that I believe him. As long as you and I weren't involved, or he thought we weren't, you didn't matter but as soon as I told them I intended on marrying you he had to destroy the relationship."

"Maybe I'm not asking the question the right way. If your father had known the whole time and said nothing he could have continued to say nothing. The man has no conscience we all know that. Remember how he acted when you took down Kaan and then when you rebuffed Efe's original partnership request? I guess what I'm asking is why now?"