What Happens in London

This is based on an idea one from @AnunknownReadear - looking at our sweet Engin, were he and Pyril meant to be? I decided to send Engin to London with Serkan and Eda still is a student and is an intern just not with ArtLife. . . . . .

Mature between the **** 

***********************************************************************

Serkan looked up at the slam of his office door to see a rather agitated Engin start to pace in front of him.

"The woman is crazy, insane, mean. I'm done. Done," Engin muttered as he paced.

Serkan just watched his best friend descend into madness. He would get to the point when he was ready. After five more minutes of raving and pacing Engin finally stopped and turned to Serkan.

"I'm done. I'm done chasing Pyril. I know that you've heard me say this before but I mean it this time. I've done everything that the woman has asked me to do and then some but it still isn't good enough for her. If she can't accept me as I am then I'm done."

Serkan watched as Engin continued to pace, "What was it this time?"

Engin let out a huff of air, "She said that she might consider dating me if I dyed my hair to get rid of the grey. Can I help if it's premature? Hell it's probably because of her. First she didn't like my clothes then she didn't like my cologne or my haircut or that I drank coffee after five. Each one is more absurd than the next and like a fool I make the changes for her and she still turns up her nose at me. It's hanging out with Selin that does it to her."

"Don't look at me, Selin is not my problem. You didn't see me changing anything for her the entire time that we dated did you?"

Engin turned an exasperated look on Serkan, his hands on his hips, "That's because you didn't care about Selin. She was a box to check. Someone to take to a business function? Check. Someone that your parents wanted you to be seen with? Check. Someone that you had zero feelings for? Check. When you don't care about someone you don't change."

Now that Engin had finally wound down a bit and taken a seat on one of the sofas Serkan came to sit on the one across from him, "I disagree Engin, if someone loves you then they don't want to change you, they should love you for who you are. You've been twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to get Pyril to notice you and it hasn't worked because she doesn't love you. If she did she would accept you for who you are."

"So now all of a sudden you're the wise one on love? You wouldn't know love if it bit you Serkan."

His friend was right, he had never been in love and he had little experience in love but he knew what it felt like. Serkan remembered what it felt like to be loved by his brother, to have someone who worried about him, who cared about him. His mother tried but she was too afraid to live to let love enter her life. His father didn't even merit a mention. Serkan knew what love was and he knew what it wasn't. He knew it wasn't Selin. That was tolerance. He knew Engin might love or be infatuated with Pyril, he had been since University. It might be the chase that he was in love with but from what he saw of Pyril she didn't love Engin.

"That was rude of me Serkan, I shouldn't have said that."

Serkan shook his head, "You weren't wrong, I haven't been in love but it doesn't mean that I don't know what it's like to feel loved. Look on the bright side, you're coming to London with me for the next three months. It will be a change of scenery, you might enjoy it."

Engin buried his head in his hands, "Should I just dye my hair and get it done with?"

"Go right ahead Engin, she'll just tell you that she doesn't like that you wear black socks with navy pants again."