ten

"Oh welcome home, wasn't aware you still lived here" Mickey walked past Maisie who walked into the house with a bag of her clothes on her back. "Dad here" she asked a look of fear sat on her face incase the man was still in his manic mood.

"You'll be fine, he hasn't been drinking since Tuesday night" Mickey promised his sister pushing her onto the sofa making her trip him up as he started to walk off. "Fuck you" Mickey cursed sticking his finger up at the girl before he walked off into his bedroom.

"Hey dad" Maisie muttered walking into the kitchen cautiously to see the man sat on the counter fiddling with his lighter. "You, where've you been" he asked standing up in front of the girl threateningly as he glared down at her.

"I was staying with some friends, I'm home now" she smiled trying to remain calm and not scream for Mickey because she thought the man was going to beat the crap out of her. "What friends" he sniggered, insinuating the girl had no friends and was most likely living on the streets.

"Debbie and Carl Gallagher" she mumbled squeezing her eyes shut tightly knowing her dad absolutely hated the Gallagher's. "Fucking Gallagher's, please tell me your fucking with me" he slammed his fist into the wall behind her making her jump in fright.

"You don't fuck around with Gallagher's" he spat throwing a punch at her face making her let out a cry. She heard the bedroom door of Mickey's open and footsteps charge into the kitchen but not before her dad kicked the shit out of her leaving her crouched over on the floor, a bloody nose, bloody mouth and pain everywhere.

"Mandy that you" Mickey yelled as Terry ran off out the house the front door slamming shut as he did. "Yeah, Maisie home" she called back walking into the room and seeing her sister laid on the floor practically unconscious, her eyes rolling to the back of her head as she tried to remain conscious.

"Take her to the Gallagher's, ask them to keep her there for a couple of days" he ordered running a hand through his hair as he looked down at her sister in worry. Mandy picked her sister up from the floor, handing a gun to Mickey in case Terry came back before running out the house.

*

Mandy hammered down on the front door of the Gallagher's for several minutes before Lip opened the girl an annoyed look on his face as he'd just been woken up from the continuous knocks but it soon morphed into worry when he noticed the state of the red haired girl Mandy held in her arms.

"What the fuck, what the fuck happened to her" Lip asked opening the door so Mandy could put her sister down on the sofa. "Dad found out she was staying here, beat the shit out of her, Mickey was too late by the time he got there" she whispered running a hand through her hair as tears started to roll down her cheek, worried for her sister.

"Holy shit, is that Maisie" Fiona exclaimed walking into the house to see Lip hugging Mandy and Maisie laid unconscious on the sofa. "Yeah I'm sorry, you need to take her in for a couple days other wise it'll just get worse" Mandy begged and Fiona nodded her head not even taking a minute to think about it.

"I'm gonna get home, help Mickey sort Terry out" she sighed giving her sister a kiss on the forehead before walking out the house leaving the two to stare at the girl unsure what to do. If they took her into hospital she'd be put into foster care but if they left her here she could have the chance of being left completely injured.

"Call V" Fiona ordered and Lip nodded her head dialing V's number for which she quickly answered promising to be straight over. "What's going-" Veronica stopped speaking when she noticed Maisie laid on the sofa, blood everywhere and multiple bruises forming on her face and stomach.

Carl walked down the stairs to find his best friend sprawled across the sofa but before he could ask any questions Steve quickly cleared him off keeping Debbie and him upstairs while they sorted her out.

"We can't let her go back home" Lip stressed sitting on the floor by the girl as V pulled some sanitary wipes out to clear to blood from her face in case of infection.

"I know Lip but we can't keep her here, the minute social come there going to question who she is, what are we meant to say then" she hissed wincing as V rubbed some cream over the cuts, Maisie making a sudden look of pain which spread across her face.

"Well we just gotta take that risk" he sighed putting his head in his hands as he tried to sort out a plan without social workers raising suspicions. "How long till she wakes up" Fiona questioned starting to worry now when the girl still hadn't woken up for almost an hour.

"Just give her time" V smiled lightly squeezing Fiona's shoulder comfortingly. The noise of Maisie grunting made the three turn their heads to face her in a hurry. "You okay" Lip asked kneeling down beside her.

"Where am I" she groaned trying to sit up but struggling due to the immense pain she was in. "You're at Fiona's, where Carl and Debbie live" Lip told her worried in case the fall and beating she had suffered from her dad had caused her some sort of memory loss.

"I'm not fucking deaf you don't need to speak to me like that" she snapped causing Lip to let out a laugh of relief knowing the girl was fine and would just be in a bit of pain for the next few days. "You remember what happened with your dad" Fiona asked sitting down beside her as she helped the girl to sit up.

"V I got your message everything okay" Kev burst through into the front room of the Gallagher house but stopped when he saw Maisie talking to Fiona and Lip about what happened. "Terry beat the crap outta her, she said it was nothing new but I think this might be the worst it's been, she looks pretty shaken up" V told the man who's fist clenched by his side as he looked at the girl while listening to V explain in a calm tone that her dad had done this to her.