Chapter Thirteen

Ever since Draco and Hermione made up, he has been having an overwhelming feeling of guilt. Guilt for what he was quietly doing in the shadows of night, guilt that he's been lying to Matteo this entire time, guilt that he finally got the girl but he was about to ruin it over stupid choices he made during heart break. The guilt was trying to shallow him whole, he needed to confess, confess to the only person who could help him. 

He quietly made his way to Matteo's room, he snuck inside as he tried to wake him. Emma's arm was resting on Matteo as she started to stir. "Matteo your friend is trying to wake you" she mumbled out before turning to face the other way. Matteo groaned as he pulled her back to him by her waist. "Can this wait until morning?" he grumbled. "No" Draco says plainly. Matteo leaned up kissing Emma on her forehead before getting out of bed and throwing on a pair of sweats. They walked to the common room which was completely empty now, no signs of a party anywhere. Matteo yawned as he looked over to his friend concerned. It wasn't like Draco to wake Matteo in the middle of the night.

"What's going on Dra?" he asked him. Draco couldn't even look at him, he was ashamed. "I have a new mission." he says as Matteo cocks an eyebrow at him. This was news to him, he's always been made aware of any missions his Father gives out. "Actually it's not really new, I've been working on it since Christmas break." Matteo kept his composure. He wasn't going to let Draco see how shocked he was. "The Room of Requirements, it has a vanishing cabinet just like the one at Borgin and Burkes. I was tasked with repairing it so I can smuggle death eaters into the castle." he tells him watching Matteo carefully. His fist comes up to his lips, the pressure keeping him from saying something in the heat of the moment. "Why?" he asks Draco. "They want me to kill Dumbledore." Matteo's eyes shot to his friend. "Dra you can't." he warns him as Draco starts to crack. "It's been eating me alive. I've tried to....tried to fix this but." Draco zones off. "Is this why you have an unbreakable vow with Snape?" Matteo watched as Draco's head snapped back in shock. "How did you..." Draco starts but Matteo stops him. "Harry told Emma he overheard your conversation with Snape at the Christmas party. She didn't tell Harry what it meant, she covered for you. She wanted me to warn you, tell you to be careful." Draco shook his head "I never wanted her getting involved in this." he tells Matteo. "She's a Potter, Draco. She's been involved since the very beginning." he watches his friend, he should have known something more was going on. He thought it was just heartbreak. "Why didn't you tell me before?" Matteo asks him. "I was so angry that Hermione chose Harry over me. I just wanted to get back at him. I didn't stop to think about Emma. I'm sorry Matteo." Draco watches his friend stand up from the couch. "Don't keep anymore secrets from me. But understand me when I say this, if this mission back fires and Emma is caught in the cross hairs it will be your blood I'll be coming for." Matteo warns him as Draco nods, words caught in his throat watching his friend turn away and walk back to his dorm. 

Emma, Matteo, Pansy, Theo, and Enzo were all eating breakfast together. Blaise has been occupied the last few breakfasts with Daphne Greengrass. Emma had noticed Harry get up to talk to Katie Bell, she was curious what he could want with her. I suppose to find out if she could point the finger at Draco. Hermione watched as Draco came walking into the hall, she gave him a smile but she quickly realized something was wrong. Draco looked down the hall at Harry and Katie he looked troubled. She watched as he turned quickly and walked out just as fast as he came in. A few seconds later Harry follows him, Hermione goes over to Emma as she sits down to whisper in her ear. "Something is wrong. Draco looks in trouble and Harry just followed him out." Emma leans back as she looks at Hermione, a look of worry on her face. She turns to Matteo "I need you to quickly get Snape. I don't know where Draco and Harry are headed but I have a bad feeling Matty." she tells him as he looks behind Emma to see the worried look on Hermione's face. Matteo quickly kisses Emma on the forehead before walking away. "Let's go find them" Emma says to Hermione as the girl's quickly walk out of the hall. "An empty classroom? Washroom perhaps?" Hermione offers as Emma heads for the washroom that you can find Moaning Myrtle. Draco had told Emma one time when he was piss drunk that he would go there to talk with her sometimes when things got to heavy.