chapter #2

Steven: "Peridot? H-hey..it's okay...I didn't mean to make you cry..." He placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.
Peridot: "I-I don't want to talk about it..."
Steven: "It's okay...you don't have to talk about why you're crying."
Peridot: "No...I don't wanna talk about Jasper..."

Silence fell between the two. It wasn't a good kind of silence though. This was unbearable. And so, Steven spoke up. "May I ask why?" Peridot mumbled something barely heard.
Steven: "What?"
Peridot's nasal-spoke voice was gone, it was just pure sobbing.
Peridot: SHE'S A TRAITOR! SHE CHEATED! TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME!

Steven had never seen Peridot like this. It was terrifying. To be completely honest, it was worse than when he had knocked Garnet's shade off when protecting Lapis Lazuli while she was in the mirror.

Steven: l-look...I'm sorry about that...but can you calm down? You're overreacting. It's not a big deal. But who did she cheat on you with?
Peridot: It is so a big deal! And I'm not gonna calm down when you're the reason I'm like this in the first place!
Steven: No I'm not! How am I the reason you're all bitchy?!

Peridot lightly gasps at his words, then tackles him. After getting him on the ground, she smacks him across the face hard. But she doesn't stop at just a slap, the one slap turns into multiple punches.

Steven brings out his bubble and puts her into one without poofing her. He pops his own and starts to bring her to homeworld. Her screaming and kicking inside a bubble makes him a little agitated, but they surprisingly get to the diamond's palace with no interactions whatsoever.

"Can you guys watch her while I get Jasper?" Steven says, he sounds tired.

(Author note)
Probably tired from almost getting his shit rocked by a 4'4 green woman. Wow. And that man saved the galaxy? Suuuure...
(End author note)