chapter #1

Steven Universe was meeting up with the diamonds. He was in his early 20s now, about to turn 23 in a few months.

He arrives on little homeworld, greeted by the diamonds. After a while, they finished saying what was new, then Yellow perks up. She announces,
"I remember when I found out that Jasper and Peridot were 'in love'" to Blue.
"Don't put quotations around that! That love was so pure!" Blue scolds.

Steven ponders, 'Gems fell in love with each other before and weren't shattered? Were they shattered? Yellow hasn't mentioned them being shattered. But Blue got mad at her for bringing them up.'
White asked the questions Steven wanted to hear. "What Jasper and Peridot? Was this after Era 3 started? How come I never heard about this?"Blue and Yellow turn their heads at the disturbance. Blue replies, "This was in Era 2. It was a long time ago, nothing to worry about. I'm not even sure if they are still dating."

Steven interrupts, "Which Peridot and Jasper?"
Yellow answers, "The peridot who called me a clod and the Era 1 jasper who everyone used to praise. The ones who took your lapis lazuli as hostage."

Steven and White Diamond yell in harmony, "What?!"
Blue simply says, "I'm surprised you didn't know Steven."
Steven asks, "Is it okay if I go and ask a special peridot a question and come back later?"
Blue and Yellow answer in harmony, "it's gonna be a long time." and then giggle in harmony as well.
Steven storms out of the palace and sprints to little homeschool. He needed to speak with Peridot. He sees her and dashes towards her. She was happily chatting with a certain lapis lazuli. When she saw him supersonic speeding towards her, she yelped and hid behind our lovely lapis that was ~unda da sea~ for a while.

Steven comes to a stop, and pulls Peridot away by the wrist with a, "We need to talk."
Peridot: "W-what?.."
Steven: "What did you and Jasper do?"

Peridot got chills from the name mentioned. "U-uhm..what?"
Steven: "When did you two date?"
Peridot was a horrible liar, do you know she lied when she said, "I don't know what you're talking about..."
Steven: yes, you do. Don't lie to me.

They stopped at an alone hill, nobody was around. That was a positive fact.

Peridot: "I'm sorry...."
Steven: "I'm not asking for an apology, I'm asking for an explanation."
Peridot sniffles, she was starting to cry. She just didn't know how to explain this.

[FLASHBACK]

Peridot was running. She had to tell Jasper. But if they did this, nobody can know.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

The peridot froze up, she couldn't tell Steven, he would hate her. 'He probably already did! He would probably tell Lapis! What will I do after she found out?! She would hate me until I shatter! And she would be happy about my shattering as well! But alas, if I told Steven, I could get some relief out of talking about it.' Peridot thought, then she felt a tear drop onto her chest. She realized she had been crying, she missed Jasper- 'Wait WHAT?!'