xxiv. London

LONDON PREMIERE - LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

"You okay?" Bailey said, snapping Eliana right out of her anxious train of thoughts. The several camera flashing lights were blinding her and she wasn't even out of the car yet. How would she survive this night? Bailey grasped her hand, squeezing it so tightly, giving Eliana the strength she needed to step foot on the carpet. "I'm gonna be right by you the whole time." Bailey reassured her and the brunette faintly smiled for an answer, grateful to have her friend. Throughout the day, Eliana stayed with Bailey in her hotel room, frightened to be alone and see where her mind could wander, apprehending the first night of premiere and perhaps also facing Jamie with her, in his arms. Eliana couldn't stop the stress from making her breathless to her every moves, actually, to her every thoughts too. Even something as simple as a blinking was exhausting her. Yet, she knew that she had to do this, go to the premieres and act like she hadn't disappeared the last two years, that everything was fine.

"You ready to go?" The door opened as Avery's head popped in the frame, calling for them. It was their cue to go out and walk on the carpet.
"Give us like thirty seconds." Bailey said.
"You have ten." She checked her watch.
Bailey turned her eyes on Eliana, still holding her hand. "He's going to flip when he sees you in this." She said, trying to get her mind off all the expectations that were awaiting her outside of this car. Instead, Bailey wanted to make her friend smile, because this was supposed to be fun, rewarding after all of their years of hard work. Eliana's eyes widened before chuckling, the warm getting to her cheeks.

"Please, stop." Her laugh faded as she nervously brushed non-existent dust from her forest green dress. It was simple yet very elegant which was exactly the look the brunette was going for. "He won't." Eliana's voice went quieter as if despite saying those words, she still had the slightest hope that he, Jamie, would look her way. Even if she knew that tonight, was probably a night she'd want to forget about as he'd be with her all night long. She didn't knew how she would react to seeing them together, especially since her feelings for him had came back. In fact, they never really left, only she did.  
"Either way, you're looking gorgeous and everyone's going to be so happy to see you again." Bailey paused. "You ready?"
Eliana nodded. She was not ready for it all but did she really have a choice? She made it this far, she couldn't just abandon Bailey mid-way and return to the hotel. She inhaled a big, heavy and shakily breath before getting out of the car, quickly followed by Bailey. Fan screams were loud, camera clicking were even louder when they stood at the end of the carpet and suddenly Eliana didn't knew where to look. Her head twirling in every senses, making her dizzy to the chaos surrounding her. Bailey hooked her arms with hers, reassuring and grounding the girl by only her touch and then, she led them to where the rest of the cast were. Eliana's palms became sweaty at the sight of what used to be, and still considered, as her family. Sam was the first to spot her and Bailey and his face lightened up, pushing his way out of the group to meet them mid-way.

"Do I need glasses or is it actually Eliana Martin in front of my fucking eyes."
Eliana chuckled, "I see that swearing is still a problem for you, old man."
"Old? No, I'm not old, I'm Australian and swearing is in our blood."
"Well, it's nice to fucking see you again."

Sam burst into laughter before pulling Eliana into a hug, his arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders that immediately warmed her. God, had she missed them all.

"My turn, now." Zoe's head popped behind Sam's tall figure which made him draw away, letting Zoe embrace Eliana the same way he had just previously done. "It's been too long, honey."
"I know. I've missed everyone." Eliana said after letting go of the woman, looking behind her and seeing Sigourney, James, Duane, Filip, Trinity, Jack and Jamie. "So much." She added, quietly.
"Well, we've missed you too. Now, come on you two, we're about to walk all together."

Zoe dragged Eliana and Bailey back with the group. They all hugged and complimented each other and for the first time, Eliana finally felt like tonight was a celebration. Being around them again brought her comfort, a very familiar feeling that made her feel right at home.
"Trinity, my god." Eliana exclaimed as the youngest twirled on her feet. "How do you even know how to walk with heels this high at thirteen?"
"Practice, baby." She joked, making Eliana laugh.
"Well, you're my idol. I can barely do it at twenty one."

The PR team gathered everyone in what they hoped to form a line. Bailey is in next to Eliana, their arms still hooked together as Jack and Trinity are in front of them, excitedly chatting to mask how nervous they truly were. But again, everyone was pretty nervous about tonight. Eliana could feel his warmed presence behind her and for the past minute, she tried gathering all of her courage to make her feet turn, greeting him... and her. Bailey widened her eyes to her friend, jerking her chin to put even more pressure on the matter. The brunette counted down in her a head and on the inner adrenaline, she finally succeeded to face him. With her.

"Hi." She mouthed, smiling wide. Too wide for it to seemed natural.

"Hey." Jamie chuckled, biting down on his bottom lip for his smile to not grow too wide, just like hers. Then, his eyes quickly flickered to the person she feared the most of facing. "You remember-"

"Of course." Eliana quickly interrupted, shifting her attention to the beautiful woman he had on his side. "Hi, how are you?"

"Good, congratulation on the movie." She smiled. God, why was she so nice? It only complicated everything, it would be way easier to just hate her like any ex-girlfriend would hate the new girlfriend. But no, she had to be just nicest and kindest person.

"Thank you." Eliana smiled back before Bailey tugged on her arm. The line was moving and they all started to walk the carpet. Trinity and Jack were first and Eliana watched them. They seemed so in their element, posing for each of the cameras' clicks and flashes, smiling and waving like they had done this all of their life. While Eliana felt so out of place, her dress suddenly feeling like shrinking on her skin. Bailey squeezed her forearm when a member of the team called for them to go on. The brunette met her friend's eyes, inhaling the most shakily and heavy breath she ever did. This was it. Everything she had worked for, for the past five years, was coming to an full circle here, the end goal. Now, everyone will know her name despite maybe not be ready yet for this kind of attention. Eliana walked the carpet, she only had one pose and it consisted of smiling, her teeth clenched so that the anxious tears were kept hidden behind her eyelids. She couldn't cry on a premiere night now, could she? Either way, she knew that Annie was probably watching and just that thought made her straightened her shoulders back. Unlike the others tonight, it was the pressure holding her head high, not the proudness of their accomplishments. When she finally reached the end of the blinding flashes and buzzing screams, Eliana finally felt like she could breathe but only when she looked back, at him, standing also awkwardly before the cameras, did she let herself exhale. Because Jamie was and will always be the one to bring her that kind of comfort, the one that wraps you with such carefulness, you almost feel like you were in a bubble. And in that moment, Eliana wished to be in that bubble, alone with only him by her side.