xv. a song to you

NOVEMBER 2022 - LOS ANGELES
Dinner had went great, the food was good and the conversations kept flowing throughout the whole night. Yet, Eliana had decided to stay quiet for the majority of it, carefully listening at her peers as her heart rapidly beat in her chest. She had missed so much and that dinner was the perfect opportunity for her to catch up on each of her friends' lives, gathering as much information as she could. Now that the girl's stomach had been filled and her cheeks warmed up by the wine, the group had decided to cool off and walked back to their hotel instead of calling for a car. It was a typical warm and humid night in Los Angeles which Eliana had always hated, her hair instantly frizzing and her face becoming a darker shade of pink causing her to look like she had just ran a marathon. Jamie, Jack and Bailey all walked in front of the slowest two who had quickly abandoned the idea of catching up with the trio.

"So, how's middle school treating you?" Eliana genuinely asked Trinity, her heels now in her hand.

"Well, I have a tutor homeschooling me so I can work on my acting and music career. It's..."Trinity said, squinting her eyes as she searched for a word to describe her home classes. "nice." Eliana frowned at the girl's restraint like she held deep in her chest the words she truly meant to say.

"I know it can sound mundane but don't you ever want to experience high school? I mean, actually going to school, making friends and doing extracurricular activities like sports or drama." Eliana asked, concerned that her friend would miss out on what was probably the most important years of her life. High school had partially shaped the girl into becoming who she was, the other part being the Avatar's set. Trinity let the brunette's words sank, her gaze fleeing hers as she thought about it.

"Not right now." Trinity finally spoke, her feet stopped from going any further. Eliana caught glimpses of their friends who were slowly disappearing from her view before turning back to the black haired girl, now a slight smile tugging at the corner of her lips. "I really want to keep working on my next album and homeschool is giving me that opportunity."

Eliana grinned at the once eight year old child who had grown into a beautiful and accomplished woman. The girl had only challenged her to make sure it was what she truly wanted. The twenty one year old was used of people making decision for her and she didn't want Trinity to be in that same vicious circle. Eliana stepped closer to her childhood friend, throwing her arm around the girl's shoulder to bring her into a side hug.

"I can't wait to hear that album. You know how I always found you talented." Eliana admitted before smacking a quick peck on the top of her head.

"Even from afar, you've always encouraged me, Lili and I will be forever grateful for it." Trinity swung her head toward Eliana's way, meeting her eyes as she contemplated the idea of revealing what she had been working on for a long time. Eliana picked up the soft shift in her traits as she slightly nodded for Trinity to speak her truth. The black haired girl reached for her pocket, grasping the folded lined sheet as she gently handed it to her friend to open. Eliana curiously red the sentences messily scribbled on the sheet, the handwriting was sloppy but the words were loud and clear in her head. The brunette gently folded back the paper before looking up at her friend, tears brimming the edge of her eyes, causing Trinity to smile as she knew they were her way of expressing her blissfulness. Eliana quickly wiped the tears away before they could fall on her sweaty cheeks and ruined her makeup even more as they both continued to walk. "I've been writing it for some time now. Well, since you left to be exact." Eliana sniffled at Trinity's words, flinching at them as if they were rocks being thrown her way. It hurt knowing that young Trinity had felt abandoned by Eliana who she thought was going to be in her life forever.

"It's beautiful, Trin. Really." The brunette finally met her friend's eyes, a small smile appearing on her lips.

"You don't mind it?" Trinity's eyebrows scrunched together, worried that she might had offended Eliana with her song.