viv. not her life

FEBRUARY 2018 - LOS ANGELES
Eliana hadn't found sleep all night long, her mind anxious but eager to start filming the scenes she had worked so laboriously on for the past several months. When the girl's alarm clock echoed in her room, she had already her eyes opened as she had drowsed through the rest of the night, immediately getting up from her bed and walking toward her wardrobe to dress herself. Obviously, she chose to wear her father's old hoodie, the one that always seemed to brought her luck which was precisely why she needed it today. If her mother had been there, she would have dismissed Eliana's superstitious thoughts and even if the girl wasn't certain to truly believe in her hoodie's magic, it still brought her some kind of confidence when wearing it. The girl skipped breakfast, her stomach too anxious to hold anything as she hastily crossed the streets that separated her apartment building and the studio. When arriving, crew members greeted her, nodding and saying few hello's toward her way, everyone knowing the girl's name. Eliana had only started getting used to the attention she was receiving, sometimes it overwhelmed her but most of those times, it made her heart feel complete, like the path she was currently on was the missing piece for her to feel whole. Eliana gawked in awe at her surroundings, fully taking in the adventure she was about to get on, mesmerized by the studio's immensity and grandiosity now that it had been completed with the structures. The young actress walked amongst her coworkers until she reached the dressing room to change into the way too tight lilac striped wetsuit, the only thing her mind couldn't grasp to get used to. When unlocking the stall, her normal clothes now filling her bag, she was greeted by Janice, the motion capture's makeup artist who would ultimately be known as the dot painter. Eliana smiled at the short woman before her, rapidly understanding she had been sent to walk the girl toward the makeup room.

"Good morning." Eliana exclaimed when entering the room, instantly noticing Bailey in one of the few chairs that rested before a full wall length mirror with light bulbs all around it. The curly haired girl's face had already been half covered with black dots. She faintly greeted her friend back as she tried to keep still for the other makeup artist that worked on her face. Eliana sat in the chair next to Bailey, her head falling on its cushion as she tried to calm her nerves, knowing she could be in this seat for several minutes.

"Just relax your face." Janice instructed, towering the young girl as she started carefully painting the dots on her face. "Do you girls want some music?" Both Bailey and Eliana nodded to Janice's proposition as she took her cellphone out and played electronic dance music, causing the girls to subtly exchange weirded out looks, amused grins creeping on their lips. Yet, Eliana find herself fighting her eyes from shutting, not entirely sure if it was from the lack of sleep or the soothing feeling she sensed growing as she got more and more comfortable in the makeup chair. The girl must had dozed off for at least a couple of minutes because when she opened back her eyes, Janice had halfway painted her face before a feminine and high voice had woken her up.

"And this is where we get ready," Trinity entered, excitedly skipping through the room as she waved for Jamie to follow her. The boy slightly crouched at the young girl's level, a camera in his hands. Jamie had filmed all morning with Trinity as he let the younger girl took the lead on the tour of the set, showing the studio to their nonexistent audience. "Bailey! Lili! Say hi." Jamie pointed his camera to the girls who slowly waved their hand at the lens. The boy sat on the empty chair beside Eliana's, his elbow aiding him to lift the weight of his camera, directing it at the girl's direction. Eliana intuitively lifted her arms to the lens, trying her best to keep still for Janice, in hope of avoiding Jamie to capture her image.

"Come on Lia." The boy chuckled as he moved around her arms, finding a spot where she couldn't stop him from filming her. "I'm making a documentary," Eliana slightly turned her head, a smile tugging at the corner of her lips at Jamie's idea, thinking how creative the boy was. "And I want to interview you since it's the first day of filming." The boy flickered his gaze behind the brunette, now addressing to their other friend who Trinity had joined. "Think about your answers Bailey, you're next."