WATER & WISDOM

Leala's pov:-

I was soaring through a simmering pool of light, but as I look closely, I see that they were actually images moving too fast, as I catch a few glimpses I realise that they were memories, and not just memories either, they were my memories.

I concentrate to try and make sense of what exactly I was seeing, because the last grasp I have on my memory is that I had heard my mother screaming my name, and I had tried to get to that one window of light in the ocean of darkness, hoping and praying and wishing and expecting to see my mother. But instead I'd been pushed into a sea of my own memories.

As I look closely, they start to make sense, it was in the backwards order. I was watching my whole 17 years of life flash through my eyes in the present to past order. 

Suddenly I'm in a different place, it was a little familiar but I couldn't exactly remember where I remembered it from. It was a very old fashioned mansion's garden. The next thing I notice is that I'm not even present at the scene even though it was supposedly a memory of mine.

There's a man, no he was too young to be a man, he was a boy, and opposite to him was a young girl. Both were around 16 -17 years old and wore clothes from almost 2 decades ago. She was looking right at him while he was trying so hard to avoid her gaze. She had a look of curiosity on her face while he was timid and shy, I almost laugh out when I realise that he was actually scared.

But I look around the whole scene, and yet there is no me here. No past version of Leala. Even though it is supposed to be my memory, it's not mine at all. I don't know these people.

"Who are you?"

 the girl in the pretty gown asks and steps forward so that I'm able to see her face more clearly. Her eyes were such a beautiful shade of blue, as if the oceans had emerged from her tears. But what was even more odd was that even though she was not much older than me, her shoulder length hair were pure white, and they had a slight shimmer to them, as if they were alight from within.

I remember her, but from where, I couldn't tell. But I just knew her, it was like the memory was at the tips of my finger, and yet I couldn't catch it.

I try to walk towards the mansion, at the entrance of which they are both standing, it was a huge and old thing with ivy grown all over it, like it's been standing for too long with no attention paid towards it. 

It was hauntingly beautiful.

The moment I take a step forward I feel something wrong, I look down to see that I'm standing in a loose pale white gown that hits my calves with my hair completely undone, except for the few strands held back by a tiara made of white lillies. But the wrong feeling was that I was pale and slightly transparent, like a ghost.

I scream out a little only to go completely unnoticed by both of them. Realising that they both probably couldn't hear me, since I was a ghost, I step closer to them and look around, trying to make sense of what exactly was unfolding in front of me.

That's when the boy speaks up, "I-I'm Adrian. Adrian Ashleigh."

I feel like my whole world slips away when I hear my father speak as a young boy. But there was no doubt that it was indeed my father, with those golden locks and the beautiful pair of hazel brown eyes, I could see my father in this boy.

But the woman, she wasn't my mother, no. My mother was taller than she was, with dark brown curls that fell to her waist and eyes such a bright green as if the nature had weeped her colors into my mother's eyes. My mother wasn't as fair as this girl either, she had a slightly tanned skin, father always said that she was nature given life, he'd always call her other-worldly.