𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

˖

"You wish to adopt him?" Neteyam asks, ".. Aneysa we have barely had the time for a proper conversation to discuss this."

"I have. In my mind" Aneysa responds.

"Aneysa. This is a serious matter" Neteyam tells her.

"Yes and I want to keep Efe" Aneysa responds.

Neteyam sighed, "is it something Tsireya said to you? To make you come up with this conclusion?"

"No" Aneysa was quick to defend herself before Neteyam gave her a glance, wanting the truth.

"Fine. Yes. It's just... she can have her own kids, you know. And she constantly tries to compare the two of us and sometimes.. it makes me feel bad. So, I want a child" Aneysa shrugs, "and because, Efe is a good kid. Your mother told me a lot about him, and I wouldn't want him to go into the system. You understand just how badly the system works. It has failed many kids."

"I see" Neteyam responds.

"That's it? That's all you're going to say?" Aneysa asks.

"Well you didn't exactly discuss this with me to begin with" Neteyam replies.

"Teyam, we are speaking about it right now. Of course I haven't gone to your mother to tell her we're adopting him yet. This has to be a decision we both make, I am just telling you mine" Aneysa tells him.

"I haven't really thought about it myself" Neteyam replies, "it's just.. we already have Orla with us. I didn't know if you really wanted to look after another child."

"Teyam. Do you remember our conversation when I first came over to your house?" Aneysa asks, "and for some strange reason you were already keen on asking what I wanted in the future."

"Yes..." Neteyam responds.

"And I told you that I wanted two children, right?" Aneysa responds.

"Oh yeah" Neteyam recalls.

"So.. this is perfect. It's not like I can have kids of my own" Aneysa chuckles, "but I'm not making the decision for you. I promise. Just give it some time and once you figure out what you want, just let me know."

-

"Who packed your lunch?" Tuk chuckles as she sees Ethan holding a sandwich in his hand.

"Oh, my Ma" Ethan replies, with a warm smile, "even when I tell her not to, she insists because she's worried that the school might have some infectious disease."

"She's cautious" Orla shrugs, "that's a good thing."

"Oh come on. You can't be that cautious" Tuk looked at her friends confused.

"I would be. At my old school, we had to go under lock down. There were worms found in people's food" Orla tells them.

"Do you mind?" Tiana chuckles, "I'm trying to eat my sweets in peace."

"So you're a mommy's boy?" Tuk asks.

Ethan nods proudly, "I am all my mother has. I am an only child, and my father does not live with us. So I do my best to keep her happy."