Chapter 10

"how much longer?" Dottie whined "its cold and dark! I've never been in the airport when its dark."

"shut up"Emily hissed. "you have been complaining for hours." there was a sound of clanking behind us. Emily stopped dead in her tracks. "what was that?" I said flashing my flashlight down the hallway. I squeezed Eric's arm tightly.

"please dont hurt me" I heard a voice softly echo from the end of the hall. "I dont mean any harm"

"show yourself. step forward." Josh called out. a figure walked slowly towards us. a girl my age walked into the light. her blonde hair was all messed up and mascara streaked down her face. her eyes were red and puffy like she had been crying for hours. her short mini skirt was dirty and ripped to the point u didnt know where to look. her white tank top was bloody and ripped past her belly button also and her tall motorcycle boots heels looked like they were going to snap at any second. I squinted my eyes at her. I knew her from somewhere but I dont know how.

"who are you?" Emily said narrowing her eyes.

"its me Ryan, dont you like, recognize me? I like, go to school with you?"

"oh my god Ryan what happened to you?" Dottie gasped.

Ryan shrugged "I saw you guys leave school and I followed you here but then I lost you." she shivered and wraped her arms around herself. "im sorry. I didnt mean to. I was just curious."

"we are trying to find our way out of here." Eric said kindly. "you can come with us."

Ryan widend her eyes. "oh my god. your Frankenstein boyfriend speaks?" I wanted to shove my flashlight down her throat and leave her here. I sighed. "yes, Ryan. he has always spoken. haven't you noticed? no probably since your texting and gossiping all the time." I snap. Emily shoots me a look and steps between us.

"can we get going now? like Dottie said its so dark out and we still need to find your parents." she said.

"ROSIE JOSEPHINE CABERNET!" a voice boomed down the hallway. I turned to see my dad storming towards us with my mom, Aunt Nora, and Uncle Marcus shuffling behind him.

I widened my eyes. "I think they actually found us!"