Chapter 3

what I thought was supposed to be a great dinner was actually the quietest dinner ever. my mom perpared spaghetti and bread (figures) which is my dads favorite so im not surprised he didnt speak. he wipes his mouth and looks at Eric.

"well Eric have you two ever kissed?" he says grinning.

I look at him with shock and I turn towards Eric who looks like me.

"Oh my gawd dad no!" I say. im pretty sure that my face looks as red as a strawberry.

Eric smiles and answers calmly. "no sir"

"really? wow. I remember our first kiss" my dad says smiling at my mom. she taps near her yellow eyes and they both start laughing.

"is that how you got your eye color?" i said curiously. "because no else in the city has those kind of eyes. just you two."

my mom drops her fork onto the plate. "Rosie I have told you this before, there was a disease and your father and I both had it. when the disease was over we got yellow eyes. no one else in the city had the disease. do you understand?"

"ya"

"okay good."

*********************

im sitting in my room with Eric watching tv. he has not said a word since dinner.

"okay im sick of sitting in silence. what's wrong? are you scared of my parents or something?"

Eric stares ahead and takes a deep breath. "we need..... to talk"

"okay, about what?" I say.

"im a corpse." Eric blurts out then looks away from my face. Im super shocked dont get me wrong but Im not scared either.

I move in front of his face and look him straight into the eye.

"you maybe a corpse. but I dont care. your still my boyfriend and I love you." I say.

Eric stares into my eyes. "your not mad?" he says quietly.

I grin "oh ya im definitely mad that you never said anything when we started dating but I can see why you never did!" I burst out laughing and put my arms around him. "but remember, I still love you no matter what you are."