I'm out of time.....

The one line in that song repeated itself over and over again in my head. Cause it was true. I was out of time. There was no more time for anything in my life. I will never experience having a normal relationship, I will never sleep with a man who actually loves me. I will never have a family of my own or live my life with out fear consuming me. I'm just a person that will fade out of existence as soon as I die. Just like star, my light will fade and it will be like I never even existed.

Hearing a faint alarm sound my eyes slowly opened. Milton was messing around with his watch trying to shut it off. As he did, he pushed himself away from the bench and made his way to me again.

"It's time for the next round of testing." He gave a fake smile before, awkwardly shifting on his feet.

"Great." I mumbled as I listened to him. He was busy behind me doing something. What he was doing, I had no clue.

"I know this is a bit unorthodox but the governor requested this." Hearing his voice was all I had to do. He almost seemed apprehensive about what he was doing. "But if you truly are immune it won't matter."

"Milton here's the biter you wanted." Listening, I heard a door slam open. The doorknob obviously hitting the wall hard. Hard enough to sound out through the room.

"Just bring it over here." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Milton motioning in my direction.

The walker was clearly distraught, it's groans extremely worse then most I ever had heard. It almost sounded like it was in pain as they walked it closer to me.

Swallowing back my fear, I watched them carefully. The guy who had the walker was someone I didn't know. For some reason I was hoping it would be Martinez and maybe he would knock Milton out and we could go kill the governor together. But plans never work out that well in real life.

"Man, I don't know about this. She's still alive." The guy pointed to me, yanking the walker back a bit. Keeping him at a fair distance.

"Governors orders. One quick bite and then take him back with the others." Milton spoke, as he pointed to my arm that was strapped down and exposed.

They were going to let this thing eat me... I suppose things could be worse. I mean, Milton could be cutting me open while I'm still alive.

Letting a small chuckle escape my lips I just shook my head. I can't believe I'm thinking that this is the best thing to happen. It's sad when being bitten doesn't scare you as much as being flayed open as some type of science project. Especially for one guys amusement.

My thoughts were quickly broken when Milton slung a gag around, popping it into my mouth. Shaking my head violently I tried to get it out but it wasn't working. When I heard the strap tighten I knew it wasn't coming off.

"Sorry." He mumbled, his eyes dropping. "But this is going to hurt."

"No really." My words were slurred together as I spat at him. The gag blocking all the sound coming from my voice. So I don't even know why I bothered, it wasn't like he could understand.

"Bring him over." Milton waved his hand and I saw the walker getting closer. "One bite then take it away, we don't want this thing eating her to death."

"What ever you say." The guy shook is head in disbelief. At least some people thought this was a horrible idea.

As the walker got closer my heart sped up, it beating hard against my chest. This could be it Hadley, the first bite could have been some fluke.

Feeling the walkers fingers sliding against my arm, I frantically tried jerking it away. Trying with all my strength to break the straps that kept me locked in place. My eyes were wide as I continued to struggle. The walkers face was torn all to shreds, leaving me with a vivid picture of how it died. It's cheek was missing exposing its blackened blood covered teeth. Teeth that were snapping at my arm, just waiting to sink in and feast on my flesh.