16.

𝐸𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓇

_________________________

"Rafe,  Rafe,  Rafe," I exclaimed, repeating his name with an excited tone

"Rafe,  Rafe,  Rafe," I exclaimed, repeating his name with an excited tone. His smile widens as he leans on the barrier, his teeth biting his lower lip to maintain his composure.

"I have to say, your performance today was nothing short of spectacular," I begin, reflecting my smile back at him, "Well-deserved win, congratulations," my words seem like fuel to the flames of joy burning within him.

"How are you feeling?"

"I can't really express in words how I feel right now," he starts, his tone radiating pure elation and disbelief, "It's good to finally have a win in Spain, knowing how much Spanish fans have been waiting for this moment and never lost hope or faith in me, So," he pauses for a moment, giving me a little nod, "Yeah, this is for all the fans out there who have supported me throughout the career."

As I watch him speak, the passion and determination in his eyes are noticeable and contagious. I couldn't help but be captivated by his genuine happiness that seems to light up his whole face.

I must say that happiness looks absolutely paradisiac on him.

The crowd erupts in cheers as Rafe appears on the big screen. He scans the stadium with a sense of awe, soaking in their applause and admiration. I watch his eyes glimmer mischievously as his lips pull away from his teeth in the purest expression of joy.

I couldn't sense when my own smile began memorizing his, but it was there. Not a professional work smile I always manage to form during interviews, but a genuine, infectious one.

It was a smile for him. A smile for Rafe.

Our interview continued, with me asking questions about his strategy during the race, and him not being miser about sharing all the details, giving me all the time I needed for my work. His smile didn't fade away as his eyes always focused on mine, making me lose my composure for a split second. I could feel a tickle running in my stomach, a light feeling due to his obvious charisma and charm.

Told you, he looks like a paradise of happiness. And it suits him perfectly.

"One last thing," I start, "What would you love to say to all your Spanish fans that have been waiting for this day to come?" He takes a thoughtful pause, his eyes glistening as he starts, "I've always believed in this quote by my mother," he pauses to look deep into my eyes, the intensity of his gaze leaving me momentarily breathless as he starts in a quiet calming voice, "El amanecer siempre viene después de las noches oscuras."

Confusion overcomes me as he speaks. Though I don't understand Spanish, my gut tells me that I've heard that somewhere. I might have read it in some book, but I'm sure all my books are in English due to my lack of knowledge of other languages. The quote keeps echoing in the back of my mind as I try to figure out if I ever heard it, but I can't place it. But I keep it in mind, maybe I'll find out.