9.

𝐸𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓇

________________________

I sight.

How calming.

I relax under the skilled hands of the masseuse, filling all my stress vanishes away. I needed this so much after traveling a lot for work in the past month. The weight of exhaustion lifts off my shoulders as I feel the tension melting away with each soothing stroke. Please let this session be eternal.

"I didn't think I would need us," Faith mutters as she sinks deeper into her massage chair. "You only stand for the camera for an hour or two for a photoshoot, and yet you're exhausted?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow. She closes her eyes, savoring the moment before responding, "The weight of being beautiful is draining me." I roll my eyes at her confidence. I'm not surprised by her attitude, she's born sassy.

"You're paying this."

"Why!" she seems annoyed by my statement, not feeling relaxed anymore. "Oh yeah, didn't just say few days ago that I'm a pretty woman with good attitude that I might be the next victim to a man's games?" She blinks her eyes innocently, but she only gains a bored expression from me making her groanr in response, not enjoying the massage anymore. I smile, feeling satisfied after annoying her. "How did you literally get along with him after telling me to not trust him?" I raise my eyebrow at her, waiting for an answer.

"Okay, okay, I must admit I didn't trust at him," I nod, confirming my thought, "but he helped you when you forgot you paddock pass, kept you in his room and maybe other things too. And my best friend seems that she likes that man. So what should I do? Go against her?"

"I don't like him, Fai."

"Oh yes, you do."

"Faith stop."

"No you stop, you know deep down you like him, so stop denying it," I give her an eye roll, turning my head to the other side to ignore her. She continues her rant, telling me how lonely I'll be if I don't give love a chance and blah blah blah, I just try to turn her out, focusing on the spa ambiance. Flashbacks start to play in my mind, reminding me of the times I gave love several chances but ended up feeling hurt and disappointed especially the last one. Images of my last love story flash through my mind, from the day a met him to the day I killed her. It sends shivers down my spine, making a chill run down my back.

Maybe I did kill her.

"Hey, are you listening?" Faith snaps her fingers in front of me, pulling me out of my contemplation. "Sorry, what did you say?" I blink, refocusing on her. She notices my eyes, but she chooses not to ask any questions. "I said we should probably have a manicure after this," she says, checking her nails and frowning at the chipped polish. I check mine too, not liking the view at all.