♡ It'll Be Okay ♡

Start from the beginning

I fell on my knees, sobbing. Steve knelt down beside me, pulling me to his chest. My tears dampened Steve's shirt as I clung to him for support.

"H-He's gone", I sobbed, holding onto Steve, tightly.

His fingers stroked my hair, he kept me close to him as much as possible, providing me comfort like Eddie did.
"I know, I know. It's okay", he whispered.

I clutched the chain in my hand as I shook with the sobs, trying to control my emotions.
"Let it out. It's okay", he whispered.

I was in his arms for minutes, he held me tightly, whispering soothing words and I relied on him for support, for strength.

I pulled away, wiping away my tears. I was embarrassed of crying infront of him.
"Am sorry", I whispered.

"Hey, no need to apologize", he said, holding my hand.
"Let's go"

I frowned,
"Where?"

"My house"

"No, I-I can't", I said, pulling my hand away from his grasp.

"You've to. I can't let you stay here alone. Not a chance", he said, sternly yet softly.

I thought for a moment, I couldn't be alone. I needed someone, so I quietly nodded and followed him, he helped me in the car and drove to his house. The car drive was silent, he drove silently and I kept my gaze outside the window. Reminiscing the memories I had with my big brother.

We reached and he took me upstairs to his room, he handed me some of clothes to wear. I changed into his clothes and sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the guitar pick in my hands while he went to the bathroom to change.

I was teary-eyed, it was so hard for me now. I didn't know where to go, and I didn't know how to inform my uncle. I just felt so hopeless and worthless, I couldn't do anything to help him.

I brought up the guitar pick to my lips, giving it a gentle peck. I felt the mattress dip, I didn't realize Steve was beside me.

"I know you miss him, Y/N. I promise it'll get better", he softly said.

I buried my face in my palms,
"It won't, Steve. I feel so worthless, I couldn't do anything to help him", I whispered.

He scooted closer to me, pulling my hands away from my face and held it, gently rubbing his thumbs over my knuckles.
"Hey, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault at all. We couldn't do anything, we can't change what happened"

I nodded, shutting my eyes. He just scooted closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I gently rested my head on his shoulder and stared down at the guitar pick.

I felt him holding me even closer, he spoke up, his own voice filled with sorrow.
"He said that he loves you.... and he said not to blame yourself for everything that happened. He wants you to live your life happily and doesn't want to see you sad because of him. And he told me to take care of his little sister."

I let out a light chuckle, wiping away my tears.
"He said that?"

Steve nodded with a sad smile,
"He also told me to confess something"

Confused, I looked up at Steve through tear-filled eyes. "What?"

Steve took a deep breath, rubbing my knuckled with his thumb as he set his gaze on our intertwined fingers.
"Look, Y/N. I know now's not the time, you're grieving the loss of your brother. But there's something I want you to know....Eddie always knew I felt something for you, he always knew I liked you. I tried my best to hide it, knowing that he would not be happy that am trying to get along with you. A-And before he was gone, he told me to confess my feelings because he trusted me with you. And I know this is not the time for this, but...I just want you to know. That you're not alone, I don't mind if you don't feel the same. I just want you to know you can always come to me. Eddie told me to protect you and that's what am gonna do, even if you don't like me back. It's totally fine, we could be good friends, but am not gonna leave your side because I've promised Eddie", he rambled.

My eyes widened, I couldn't believe what he was saying. I zoned out for a moment, how was this possible? I mean Steve's a very nice guy. I just couldn't believe it, Eddie was always protective towards me. He literally punched a guy who cheated on me. It was just so complicated.

"Y/N?", I was snapped out of my trance by a hand waving infront of my face.

"Y-Yeah?"

I cleared my throat,
"You're a very nice person, Steve. And you've helped me alot too. I just need time to.....y'know...", I awkwardly fiddled with my fingers.

I was interrupted by his warm hand placed over mine,
"Hey, it's fine. You can have as much time as you want. I just wanted you to know that I'm right here", he said, softly.

I gave him a soft smile, and leaned over to hug him. He hugged me back, gently rubbing my back.
"It'll be okay, dear"

I nodded against his chest, feeling his warmth around me. I felt safe in his arms, he made me feel that I was not alone...

We'll get through this together...

Everything will be okay ❤️‍🩹....

_________________________________________

SORRY FOR THIS IMAGINE, I'M HAVING WRITER'S BLOCK AND IT SUCKS! 😭😭😭

OKAY, ANYWAYS HOPE YOU LIKE IT ♡

ALSO, I AM THINKING OF WRITING A JOE KEERY FANFIC OR JOE KEERY IMAGINES, COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS.

Love,
~ TheDarkBlackWolf ♡