Chapter 5

VANESSA

Noah scooped me up, I let out a gasp. My hands wrapped around his neck and I tightened my arms around it, putting my head on his chest, and I could feel the rhythm of his beating heart, which calmed me down and caused the pain to fade. He carried me into his bathroom and placed me on the bathtub's side. He'd gotten the first-aid kit by then.
He inquired, "Pain scale, pretty girl?" I couldn't believe he recalled the pain scale.
When I was younger and couldn't express myself adequately, my mother used the pain scale on me.
"Uh...I don't know, maybe... Uh... three," I responded
"Eso es buen amor, because the glass did not puncture the skin too deeply. Hold on tight, I'm going to clean the wound; it can sting." He remarked and began dabbing the wound with a cotton piece soaked in ointment. His contact sent shivers down my spine, and every nerve in my body was on high alert as a result of this innocent touch. He was merely cleaning my wound, so why did it bother me so much?
Maybe because it was Noah and everything was different with Noah, I don't know, but it affected me a lot. Because he was Nick's best friend and I was Nick's sister, I knew nothing could come of my little crush; he was as off-limits to me as I was to him.
'Todo hecho estrella, I cleaned the wound now I'm going to wrap it up for you, bueno?" As Noah picked up the gauze from the kit, I merely nodded, too humiliated to comment. That small smirk with one side of his mouth tilted up did something to my lady bits. It was a lethal weapon, particularly for me.

 *****

"Here you go Princesá, hot chocolate," he said as he handed me a bright red mug, my favourite color. Thanks I mumbled, still a little embarrassed by the glass incident. He only smiled, his killer grin. God, he looked good whether he grimaced, smirked, or grinned; all of these had a powerful effect on me.
"Please tell me why you were up at this hour and why you were so agitated.  And please, no lies, amor." He stated.

AHH, I had to tell him, without it I wasn't getting out of this one.
"Well, you know about the stalker and why your company, or rather you, have to protect me."
Well, uhm, when I worked at Simon and Wilfred.....

 ______________________________________

You all can go on to hate me for the cliffhanger but....
Thanks so much for reading
🖤🖤