Chapter 1

NESSA

When I woke up this morning I didn't think I would be running through a crowded Boston street towards the TD Garden. Not my favorite way to spend a Saturday, not that I minded. I loved watching my brother play. Today was the first game of the season, L.A Kings versus the Boston Bruins. I, obviously, was a die-heart fan of the Kings, my brother's team.

I was his biggest fan and also stood up to my parents, so Nick could go pro. My dad was not a Hockey fan. He preferred baseball because he thought it was a cultured game, where there was no violence. But Nick was a professional hockey player. Oh, what a shame the son of counselors James and Cassandra Chambers, Dominick Chambers played hockey for a living. They both were so disappointed because of Nick's career choice, the house became a war zone whenever Nick came home for college the first year, I was a sophomore in High School, and I had already decided I would study law and work in my parents firm, so I was the mediator during the time Nick was home. Soon, Nick came home less and less, until he came only for Thanksgiving, or once during the summer, that too for a little over a week, still he would call me every night. So I was close to him, more than I was to my parents. And I made sure to go to every game I could.

And right now, I was getting late, and I might even miss the face-off. I willed my myself to move faster and somehow reach before the start of the game. Soon the building came into view, and I fastened my pace. I was in the family box in record time, and just in time as the game began. I made it in time. yay me.

I was the only one in the box, just how I liked it. I enjoyed the game, cheering my brother as he moved forward, to score and... SCORE. I screamed. And the first period ended.

*****

The third period was about to start and the Kings were in the lead by two points. The door opened and I heard I voice, I didn't even have to see to know who the voice belonged to. I knew it well enough to know Noah Morales had just entered. "Yeah, don't worry. I'll be in the office tomorrow, yes I just got back... No need I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks" he ended the call and looked around the room when he spotted me in the front row, his lips formed a smirk, "Well hello cariño" he greeted taking the seat next to me.

I frowned at the nickname, "Noah, what are you doing here?" I asked nonchalantly. "I came to watch my best friend's game" he answered giving me a duh look, I guess that was obvious. Luckily only twenty minutes were left in the game and I would be far away from Noah, my brother's best friend.

ONLY TWENTY MINUTES....

🌺

its up

the first chapter

I enjoyed writing it and I hope you like it.