Chapter 20

Harry's POV

I run down the stairs and catch Dakota just leaving the building.

"Dakota!" I scream but she keeps on walking. "Dakota, wait!" I reach her and hold her arm.

"Go to your family Harry, and leave me alone" she sobbed.

"What kind of a husband and father are you? Just leave me and go with them. Celebrate your wife's birtday." she adds.

"Dakota.." I tried to fight her argument but she let go of my grip and started walking to her car.

"It's over Harry. No need to keep lying them"

I was left alone, I feel bad for her. I think.. I think I love her. But at the same time I love my wife and my kids.

I watch her get in the car and takes off. There's nothing more to be done. I walk back in the building and get in the elevator, riding to our my floor.

Jennifer's POV

Harry and the kids are playing while I still prepare the dinner. Leah and Angelo are about to come, Mom called, she will be late. But that's okay, as long as she'd come.

"Aubrey just be quiet! Im trying to watch the goddamn match!" Harry suddenly shouts.

I leave the plates and go to them. "What's happening here?" I say. Aubrey is crying.

"Daddy screamed at me" she says upset and run to me to hug her.

I lift her up and look shocked at Harry. "Harry why would you?"

"Im sorry..I.." he looks guilty now. "You what Harry? Why aren't you in mood today?" I ask concerned.

"Just work.. Im sorry.. Aubrey, do you wanna play with your dolls?" he asks calmly now.

"Will you scream at me again?" she asks sweetly. It makes me giggle.

"No baby, I promise"

Aubrey smiles and wipes her tears. I put her down and she runs to her daddy.

"Be careful" I say and go back to the kitchen.

Harry's POV

Leah, Angelo and Jen's mother are here but I can't concentrate. I mean I can't chill and enjoy Jennifer's birthday, but I should.

"Jen, I almost forgot.. Here's your present." Leah says and hands Jennifer a small box.

"Thank you baby. I will open it later"

"I'll be right back" I say and walk to the bedroom to grab my present. Meanwhile I try to call Dakota but she ain't answering my call.

I hurt her.

I go back and give Jen the small jewelery box. "This is for you BabyDoll" I say and kiss her lips.

Jennifer's POV

The guests left and Harry is taking a bath while I clean up the mess.

I finish the dishes and go to the bedroom. I find Harry's suit jacket left on the bed so I pick it up to hang it in the drawer.

I check the pockets for something left and I find his phone.

I remember the talk with Christina. Should I check his phone? Is he cheating on me?

What if he is cheating? How would I react? What would I do?

I think for a moment while tapping the phone on my palm.

Should I do this to myself ? Nah, it's my birthday.

While I think of the possible things his phone starts ringing. There's no name, just an emoji. A heart "".

My heart skips a beat. I feel my blood rushes.

I don't waste another second I answer the call.

"Hello?" I say calmly.

"Uh-h who is it?" the other line says. It's a girl's voice.

"Jennifer. I'm Harry's wife. How can I help you?"

"Harry? I'm sorry, I messed up the numbers. I'm looking for Luke" she says nervously but I don't trust her a bit.

"Your number is saved
Don't try to-" she hung up.

I get mad and copy her number to my phone. Right before to call her the door of the bedroom opens. Aubrey.

She comes to me crying. "What's wrong baby?"

"Mommy, my finger is bleeding" she says and points out her finger.

I put down the phones and squad to her level.

"What did you do to your finger?" I say concerned and kiss her finger.

"I played with David's drone toy and I sliced it"

"Come, let me get the aid kit" I say and walk out of the bedroom forgetting about the phones and the girl.