30 - Heart Shockers & Stoppers

Start from the beginning

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

When Lee Know woke up, he felt incredible. At least, as incredible as he could be considering that his entire body was still aching. He showered, brushed his teeth, and changed into new clothes before walking past Yun's room.

"...Because I love you, too,"  Chan said.

Lee Know felt like vomiting as his heart jumped out of his chest. He peeked into her room, spotting Yun hugging an emotional Chan.

So she still has feelings for him, huh?

He couldn't understand. He wasn't able to confess to Yun, and she moved on? That fast? His heart went numb as they continued hugging. He take a shallow breath and forced himself to walk back into bed.

This is why I avoided romance.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

By the time he could force himself out into the dining room, everybody was having lunch. It was the perfect image of a family.

His eyes settled in on Yun, who was laughing with Chan. He felt an ugly, green emotion flood his heart, but he pushed it down. He did not deserve to feel jealous. Although this confirmed his suspicions that they actually confessed to each other.

He walked over to the table, and everybody smiled at him. Everybody but Yun, who was poking at her food and refusing to make eye contact. She had gone silent, and Lee Know watched as Chan gently rubbed her back.

"The dead awakens, huh?" Changbin grinned. "Come sit down next to me, man, we missed you."

Lee Know sat in between Han and Changbin. Everybody went back to talking like normal as if he had never been injured. The only thing off was Yun, and he was hit with the memory of her confession.

I love you, she had said. What changed? Was Chan her knight in shining armor?

He held back the urge to talk to her now, but he stayed and finished his lunch. After eating, he helped clean up and washed dishes with Han. They made small talk for a bit until silence settled upon them.

"Did you two talk?" Han asked as he dried the dishes.

Lee Know nodded and told him everything that happened. Han already knew what happened because Yun had told him already, but he wanted to see how Minho felt.

"Jisung...she told me that she loves me. Loves. How can a person like her love a man like me?"

Han pursed his lips. "Be serious. I don't want to be cheesy but you're very lovable. And Yun agrees a lot, considering that she fucking confessed."

Lee Know winced. "Correct. But...I overheard Chan saying, 'I love you, too' to Yun."

Han rolled his eyes. "Minho, you probably hallucinated that. Talk to her in her room or something. You know best that this career is dangerous. So appreciate her for as long as you can. You never know when something is going to happen. You're going to mourn her as a friend, but also mourn the even better moments you could have had."

Lee Know sighed. "If anybody is going to be mourned over, it's going to be me because you guys give me such a damn difficult time."

"I only do it because I love you, man."

"That's such... Asian mother logic."

Han shrugged. "How would I know? I don't have a mother."

Lee Know laughed just as alarms went off. Lights flashed and the alarms screamed throughout the base, tearing through his ears. His eyes widened as his heart beat at a wild pace.