►6

1 x 03 "Snow Falls"

• • •

On an incredibly foggy October morning, a couple was walking around somewhere in the enchanted forest. The man was in his late 40s, holding a cane and whistling in a sequence as if he was calling out to somebody. The lady beside him was in her mid 30s, walking leisurely and occasionally stopping to admire the nature.

"Where could they be, my wife?" The man raised his voice teasingly, maybe he was letting them know that he was searching for them, whoever they were. His wife blushed slightly at the nickname and chuckled. It had been almost 25 years of their marriage, give or take, and she still blushed at his nicknames for her as if they were married just yesterday.

"I don't know, darling. Maybe they are having a feast somewhere." His wife answered delicately and the man smiled. Even if they were ageing, listening to her sweet, melodic voice never got old. The only thing missing from their happy life was...a child. They had been trying for a child for years, for as long as they could remember but they never succeeded.

And when they finally did, his wife went through a terrible miscarriage. Her husband had felt so sad but he couldn't even begin to imagine what his wife must have felt. After that, he never talked about having a child or anything related to children. He believed if it was in their destiny to have a child, they would.

And they spent the rest of their days until now - believing.

Anyway, their loving moment was gone when they heard a loud moo coming from their south and they hurried towards the direction.

When they reached to where they thought the voice came from, they saw 30-40 cows. At first it seemed that there were only a few, but they kept appearing out of the fog in their numbers.

"They are indeed having a feast, wife." The man mused with a hearty chuckle and went up to the cows.

But he was interrupted again when he heard a small cry from a distance. He thought he was just imagining it but when his wife also pointed out about a baby crying, he immediately left his cane and ran towards the source.

Maybe his prayers worked.

Maybe this was in their destiny.

He saw a part of a white cloth from a distance and upon reaching near, he let out a loud and watery gasp. There it was. A baby. Wrapped tightly in the white cloth. He quickly picked up the baby and examined it.

It was a baby girl. She was a bit blue but she was breathing, crying, squirming and frowning so she was fine. He heard his wife's shout and turned to face her, holding the small bundle of joy in the air.

"Look at this, wife. Look at her. She's so beautiful." The man laughed as his wife halted in her steps. Her hands flew around her mouth and she gasped.