Remy- I

I sat down in the velvet seat in front of the stage with my fellow colleagues. Everyone was looking through the pamphlets the showed the line up for the show and I was personally surprised on the fact that it was packed.

Some people were even standing in the back just to see the last showing of Swan Lake.

Cliché for a ballet, but I was a lover of the arts, even though I was plunged into the medical field at such a young age, I was unable to dabble into the more artistic side of professions.

My friend Peter leaned down to whisper in my ear and mumbled something about a fellow colleague fancying one of the dancers and chuckled.

The lights dimmed and the mumbles throughout the room were silenced.

For what seemed like ten minutes but was probably five, nothing but a soft organ played in the background but still no dancers.

Suddenly the curtains opened and the orchestra began to play. The lights illuminated the stage and the show began.

The talent I witnessed was completely mind blowing, but what caught my eye was one of the background dancers. She moved gracefully and subtly, but she was not the star of the show in this number, her face was covered in makeup and yet I saw the intensity in her eyes.

I glanced around the other dancers and watched as they were dragged away from the crowd of the show and whisked away into their thoughts and love for dance.

It wasn't like being a doctor and dramatically cutting into people to begin surgeries. There was no type of love like that in the world. No, I got that love from saving a life or helping someone become a better them physically.

But watching these people dance was certainly breathtaking and entrancing.

But it was that one ballerina that caught my eye. She was the one who truly entranced me.

• | •

My colleagues and I, gathered backstage to see the dancers, mostly them waiting for one person in particular and I trailed off to wait by the side of the stage that didn't have people crowding the area.

After placing the bouquet of flowers Gavin had me hold while he awaited his niece down on a stool. I watched ahead as Peter, Gavin and Stacy waited for Mandy to emerge from the dressing rooms.

I saw a small brunette come out first. She had a large oversized sweatshirt and the bottom half of her costume she wore for the performance, her hair in a high ponytail and with a large Adidas bag in her hand

"Are you waiting for someone?" She asked me, her dark eyes glistening back at mine.

She still had some of her performance makeup on and she peeled off her fake eyelashes and held them in her free hand.

"Friends dragged me along. So I'm waiting for them," I reply for a moment, she was shorter than me and very thin. But looked quite healthy.
"Dragged you along? I'm guessing you aren't a fan of ballet?" She says, moving past me to sit on the ground and tie her sneakers.

"I have nothing against it." I say with a shrug. She pressed her lips together in a thin line and raised an eyebrow.

"Let me guess, you're either a football chick or obsessed with soap operas?" Her accusation made me chuckle and I suspected she was try to ward me off.

She seemed annoyed.

"Neither. I'm pretty wrapped up in my work most of the time. So in my spare time, I'm not really caught up in television or sports." I explain.