38| Left her

Y/n POV

Dale was right, it wasn't the right time to have a baby. And we should of waited until the time was right. But what do you tell to young lovers in love? Nothing, because they won't listen.

It was getting dark. Sunset was happening. And we were all doing the last bits of work. I saw Andrea talk to Carol she walked back and had a sad smile on her face.

I didn't want Carol to spend all night out there waiting. I felt horrible for what she was going through. But I couldn't do anything to help, I just had to be there for her.

"Where's my gun?" I heard Andrea ask. I was with Dale and Glenn who were packing the stuff away to help with the car. "You have no right to take it" She went on.

"You don't need that jus now, do you?" He asked her. I felt like I was kind of intruding on a conversation I shouldn't be hearing.

So I grabbed Glenn's hand and we walked away.

"Hey I was just about to finish up" he told me as I pulled him to a nearby car. I rolled my eyes.

"You are completely oblivious are you?" I asked him with a laugh.

"What's so funny?" He asked me.

"They were having a private conversation and I didn't want to be rude" I told him as I leaned on a car.

"Oh, they were?" He asked me with a confused glance.

"Your adorable" I told him as I smirked at him.

All of the sudden I saw Rick and Daryl walk up the hill. I ran over to them. They didn't have Sophia with them. I knew Daryl wasn't a big hugger so I nodded my head at me to ask if we was okay. He nodded right back at me.

Everytime I looked at Daryl, I felt guilty for not telling him, you know? I just found out and so many people know and it should of been him first.

"Her trail went cold. We'll pick it up again at first light" Rick said as he walked up to the rest of us.

"You can't leave my daughter out there in her own. To spend the night alone in the woods." Carol said quietly. On the verge of tears.

"Out in the darks no good. We'd just be tripping over ourselves. More people get lost" Daryl told her softly.

"But she's 12z she can't be out there on her own. You don't find anything?" She asked us. I went and wrapped my arms around her. Poor thing, she was freaking out.

"I know this is hard. But I'm asking you to not panic. We know she was out there." Rick said trying to calm her down. I rubbed her back, trying to do the best I could.

"And we tracked her for a while." Daryl said, adding on to try and be helpful.

"We have to make this an organized effort. Daryl &'owe the woods better the. Anybody, I've asked him to oversee this" Rick said, also looking at us too.

"Is..is that blood?" Carol asked starting to freak out again.

"We took down a Walker" Rick said quickly before she could freak out.

"A Walker? Oh my god" She said as she started to pace.

"There was no sign it was ever anywhere near Sophia." Rick said trying to be reassuring.

"How can you know that?" Andrea asked. Why did she open her mouth?

"We cut the son of a bitch open, made sure" Daryl told us. Carol took a seat on the ledge.

"Oh god" she mumbled to herself. I took a seat next to her and rubbed her back. "How could you just leave her out there to begin with?" She asked Rick. It wasn't his fault. It was mine. "How could you just leave her?" She asked.

"Those two walkers were on us. I had to draw them off. It was her best chance. Y/n told her to keep the sun on her left shoulder and she would be back to the highway. Y/n, went after me because I tripped. She killed the Walker on top of me. If she hadn't I would be dead" Rick told her. I kept my head down.

"Sounds like they didn't have a choice Carol" Shane backed us up.

"It was my only option. The only choice we could make" Rick said kneeling infront of her.

"I'm sure nobody doubts that" Shane said.

"My little girl got left in the woods" she cried out. Rick nodded his head and stood up.

For that moment no one walked. I walked up and let Lori comfort Carol. Even though Carol doesn't blame me I still feel bad. Maybe she blames Rick because he is knew and unfamiliar. And doesn't so much me because I hung out with Sophia all the time.

I walked over to Glenn and I felt him out his hands around me. I don't think I could live with myself if Sophia ends up dead. I needed to find her.

I was going to do something. But if Sophia doesn't make it back, I'm going to make sure no one else leaves.

Rick walked away from the group. I felt for him. Carol blamed him when we was trying to help.

I felt Daryl come up behind me and ask if I was alright. I nodded.

"You know you scared me, when you ran" he said as I let go of Glenn.

"I had to go after her" I told him as I leaned against to the Rv.

"I know" he said. This would be a nice time to tell him. My hands got sweaty.

"Hey, Daryl. We have something to tell you" I said as I grabbed a hold of Glenn so he wouldn't walk off.

"Tell me" he said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm pregnant" I told him.