6- Yukigaoka Junior High vs Kitagawa Daiichi (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

The referee called out the point for Kitakawa Daiichi, and Sora returned to his position on the court, ready to defend against the upcoming serve. He didn't let the setback deter him.

Instead, he used it as motivation to do better in the next opportunity that came his way. After all, in volleyball, every point mattered, and Sora was determined to make a difference for his team.

...

On the Kitagawa Daiichi side, they were still recovering from shock by Sora's serve.

Sure, Sora did serve in the first set, but the speed is nothing compared to what he does now.

"I'm glad the Carrot Head's serve was out. That would be troublesome to receive." A player with dark hair parted into two sides in the middle muttered.

"I agree with you there." A guy with dark hair that sticks straight up agreed.

Kageyama, known as the "King of the Court," had always been a player with high standards and expectations. He didn't tolerate distractions or any signs of complacency from his teammates. When he heard Yutaro and Akira discussing Sora's service, he scowled and immediately called them out.

"Yutaro and Akira, stop blabbering and focus!" Kageyama's voice was firm and authoritative, demanding their attention.

Akira Kunimi, the player with dark hair parted into two sides in the middle, rolled his eyes at Kageyama's reprimand.

He knew Kageyama's intensity all too well. Muttering under his breath, he replied sarcastically, "Okay, King."

Yūtarō Kindaichi, the guy with dark hair that sticks straight up, snickered.

Kageyama's scowl deepened, but he should focus on the match now.

Tweet!

Someone from Kitagawa Daiichi served, and the second set continued.

...

Kageyama took a deep breath and stepped back to prepare for his serve. The score was 7-11 in their favour, and he knew every point was crucial at this match stage.

His eyes scanned the Yukigoaka side, trying to assess the best place to target his serve.

His gaze settled on Sora in the Libero position, and a frown creased his forehead. He remembered from the first set Sora excelled at receiving, which was unexpected for someone primarily known as a setter.

Kageyama respected Sora's skills, but he also knew that targeting him with a serve could potentially disrupt Yukigoaka's offence.

'If I serve hard, it might put them under pressure and make it difficult for Sora to receive cleanly,' Kageyama thought, contemplating his options.

He had a powerful serve that was known to challenge even skilled receivers. But after witnessing Sora's earlier serve with immense power and speed, Kageyama couldn't help but wonder if he should also take it up a notch.

"Should I also hit hard?" The question lingered in his mind as he prepared for the serve. He wanted to contribute to the team's momentum and make a difference in the match.

The referee blew the whistle, and Kageyama's focus intensified. With determination in his eyes, he tossed the volleyball into the air and swung his arm with all his strength. The ball shot across the court at an incredible speed, leaving a trail of intensity in its wake.

However, the heightened power also came with less control. The ball landed out of bounds just a few inches past the back boundary line.

"Damn it!" Kageyama gritted his teeth in frustration. He knew he could serve well, but his attempt to increase the speed had backfired. His risk did not pay off, and he gave away a precious point to the opposing team.