14

Shen Huai arrived from the West Gate right around the time the enemy spellcaster revived. The spellcaster had just begun to counterattack when an assassin emerged out of nowhere, interrupting his skills with two quick flicks of a knife at close range!

At the same time, a bullet grazed by his shoulder.

Shen Huai: [ ...... ]

<Falling Sleet>: [ Hehe, I missed. ]

Since the assassin and the sniper had both ran over to the Main Gate, the resurrected holy priest and launcher abandoned the West Gate for the Main Gate as well. The launcher doggedly activated Rapid Fire, and the holy priest swiftly cast a heal on the spellcaster.

The launcher typed into the party chat: [ Assemble at the Main Gate! Come help! ]

Very soon, all 6 members of both teams were at the Main Gate. The enemy side managed to kill 100 minions first, causing their first attack tank to appear on the third lane!

Attack tanks would randomly cast Flamethrower at the enemy, dealing a great deal of damage. Luckily, there would be a 3-second countdown indicator before the skill was released, but if you were caught by the enemy's control skill, you were basically as good as dead.

Shen Huai was very confident in his positioning skills, but the same could not be said of the randoms on his team. He instantly commanded: [ Heavy swordsman, disrupt their formation. The swordsman and I will cut through their back row and kill the holy priest, then the spellcaster. <Horizon> and <Falling Sleet>, DPS. Go when I type 1. ]

His teammates all responded with '1' to signal that they understood. Shen Huai did not rush; the two sides faced each other at the Main Gate in a stalemate, neither side launching an attack.

Right then, the resurrected qigong master <West Wind> once again charged headlong into the enemy camp. The enemy side was already used to his griefing ways by now and were more than happy to collect this free buff. They all scrambled to throw their skills at him in a mad rush.

At the same time, Shen Huai typed '1' into the party chat. The remaining 5 members of their team charged forwards in unison, with the heavy swordsman in the lead, swinging his giant metal sword at anyone within range. The enemy side were taken off-guard, not at all expecting that their opponents would dare to attack while disadvantaged 5 to 6. By the time they gathered themselves enough to counterattack, they found that all of their skills had been used up on the qigong master and were currently in cooldown!

Only then did they realise that the qigong master might have been specifically meant as bait for all of their skills!

Out of skills, the group could only scatter and run. The movement-challenged holy priest was instantly left all alone and could only watch as the assassin chased up to him, left him HP-Critical with a flashy combo, and then turned to run after the spellcaster in the near distance.

The holy priest with only a sliver of HP left: ???

He doesn't know I'm still alive? Did I survive by chance?

He was still pondering this when an icicle dropped from the sky and smashed him into pulp.

[ ...... ]

He finally realised that the assassin had deliberately saved his head for the ice mage!

The remaining 5 opponents were quickly reduced to HP-Critical state by Shen Huai and the swordsman. The players noticed that this assassin was very skilled at chasing, weaving agilely among the fiery flames from the attack tank. No matter what skills the group threw at him to try and slow him down or control his movements, he would be able to dodge it perfectly like he had seen it coming.