Blink

"Ahem... are also known for having gentle mouths. Aww, that's why they're good with kids!" N leaned his head backwards, shedding a digital tear.

Thump.

N turned his head toward the shut down V, finally.

Thump

He stood up, sensing, knowing, something was wrong.

Behind him, a book fell to the ground. The cover was blood red, and decorated with a silhouette of a human head. The title of the book? Danger.

Two more books fell, in the direction of the thumping. One was "Enter," the other was "The Spooky Basement!"

The thumping became louder, more common, more apparent. The latch to a trapdoor behind V clattered around, the door desperately trying to fly off its hinges.

N was filled with terror, which could already be read from his fear-stricken face. Lines under his eyes signaled his horror. His mouth was agape, his head tried its best to wrap itself around the situation.

But, in the end, N decided that it wasn't worth it. He shook his head, turning around to leave and holding a peace sign up while he walked out.

One of the mechanical bugs skittered across the countertop of the bar area, approaching a teacup filled with a midnight black substance. Climbing the side of the cup, it peaked its head in, discovering another of its kind. The one inside the cup, though, was malfunctioning. Broken. Sparks flew from its body as it lolled to its side in the murky liquid.

"Stab."

The bug on the side of the cup was shoved into it by a spoon, held by a big mechanical claw. The spoon was tapped on the rim on the teacup, making the smallest "tink" sound.

"You seem upset! Big, brother, N."

N turned the corner into the bar room, holding a metal tray with all sorts of cups of all sorts of sizes sitting on top of the reflective surface.

Inside the darkness of the bar room seemed to be a small collection of about seven unmoving, hovering lights, and behind them a railway of slowly but surely small light slithering through the air. A bolt of green lightning flashed a dim light onto this contraption, just barely revealing a snake-crab, maybe centipede-like body connected to the moving lights.

But, as soon as the bar lights started to flicker on, this contraption was replaced by a... "girl," a drone with yellow eyes.

"Perhaps you'd like to attend the gala with me? Light sip." Cynthia tilted the teacup toward her mouth, but ultimately let the liquid inside spill all over the floor below her.

"Oh..." worry and a touch of shame clouded over N's white eyes as he paced over to the bar,"...Not sure we're invited, little buddy. Why not just hang with me?" N set his tray down on the countertop, picked up a rag, and started cleaning the glasses on his tray one by one. When he was done cleaning them, they gleamed and glimmered in the yellowish light.

"Climbing. Criss cross applesauce." Cyn sat on the counter, her head lolled to the side and her posture terrible, white pieces of her hairdo hanging down past her face. Her hands laid limply by her sides," Am I, not wanted, N?" Her left hand slapped the side of her head.

"Dude..." N rolled one of the glasses behind him, over his shoulders and into his other hand, laying it right down on the bar," You know its Tessa's folks..." N went to clean off his tray, but was immediately distracted by a red substance pattering down onto it. He wiped it off with his WHITE (>:( ) rag, only to be met with a weird, sudden message...