Jackson rolled his eyes in frustration. "Well, what the fuck am I supposed to be coming up with, Wilson? Even if Sebastien wasn't chained up in there, he wouldn't be able to do anything. We're all weak against silver. There is literally nothing any of us can do but sit here and hope that Damon figures out what the hunters are doing."

Wilson scoffed. "And how's he gonna work that out, huh? Does he have a third eye? Can he make little predictions or prophesies like Mr Billionaire Lord Caedis? And speaking of, where the hell is he? Where the hell are his Venaticus people? Because weren't they supposed to be dealing with all these fucking hunters so we could find this dumbass lab? Why isn't he out here looking for it? He's a fucking god; he can make shit out of nothing and teleport around the world. Why send us?!" he exclaimed, pacing again.

He only started ranting and pacing when he was anxious. Jackson knew Wilson understood just as well as he did that there was no way out of this.

"Lord Caedis is fighting a war, Wilson," he told him with a sigh. "And we're out here trying to help him. It's all connected. We're all he has to spare right now. But look at us." He gestured at his cage. "Some help, huh?"

Wilson huffed irritably. "Okay, well...why not teleport us to Greykin Valley? Why drop us off at the roadside and leave us to walk there?"

He had a point. If Lord Caedis could teleport people...well, could he? "I dunno if he can teleport others," he mumbled.

"Of course he can, dude. He can do whatever he wants. He could have just made a portal or whatever and dropped us in at the valley, but no! Here we goddamn are," he exclaimed, holding out a paw.

Jackson sighed and rested his arms on his legs. "It's not Lord Caedis' fault, Wilson. He did everything he co—"

"Did he, though?"

He frowned but tried his best not to lose his patience. Sometimes, he really hated when Wilson was like this. "Do you really think that if he could have teleported us, he wouldn't have? This hybrid-making stuff is linked to those Diabolus people, right? The Nosferatu are at war with them, so this is probably one of the most important operations they have going at the moment. I truly think they gave us everything they could spare. I mean...they even let me keep that demon amulet—the Zenith's amulet. That thing is a piece of his power."

"Yeah, all of that just makes me feel like they could have done more."

Jackson rolled his eyes. "Whatever, Wilson. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say."

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe something about how that so-called Alpha of yours had no idea we were being followed by—"

"Hey, this has nothing to do with Damon!" he interjected, scowling over at him. "None of us could have known they were coming. They were wearing silver."

Wilson grumbled, "He should have had scouts or whatever behind us."

"In case you didn't notice, there are only fourteen of us left. Half of Damon's pack is gone—more than half. Keeping everyone close together in case something happens is the best call," Jackson argued.

"How would you even know that? You've been one of them for what? Two weeks?"

Jackson scowled again. "Stop being such a dick."

"Stop defending everyone who could have helped us avoid this."

"You don't know what you're talking about," Jackson uttered.

"You don't know!" Wilson exclaimed. "You didn't even remember the Caeleste world existed until two weeks ago!"

Jackson went to snap back, but he didn't even know what he was going to say. Wilson was being a jerk, but he had several good points. What did Jackson know? He hadn't been a wolf walker long enough to comment on Damon's orders or actions, nor did he know enough about the Caeleste world, either. Despite the perception filter being gone, he hadn't remembered much else. He didn't know anything about the Nosferatu Diabolus war other than what he'd been told, and he had no idea what Lord Caedis was actually capable of.