One Minute in Heaven* (Kurapika x Male Reader) Part Two

Start from the beginning

It's hard to be mad at him when he stares at me with those compelling eyes of his. "Nothing, Kurapika. It means nothing."

I grab my breakfast and take a seat at the kitchen table. Kurapika places a piece of paper in front of me.

"What's this?" I say.

He doesn't answer so I read it myself. I recognize the Hunter's Association logo.

I stand from my seat. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

A look of disapproval crosses his face. "No swearing in front of our daughter!"

I rake my hands through my hair. "But...this mission...are you telling me you're leaving again?"

He looks away from me. "I'll be gone for two weeks...tops."

I clench my jaw. "Absolutely not! This mission looks dangerous."

"But I believe it will bring me closer to a pair of my brethren's eyes."

I grab his arms. "Kurapika, you promised me you wouldn't put yourself in danger once we decided to start a family."

He pushes me away. "I'm a hunter. Everything about my job is dangerous."

I grip his shirt. "I've been to Heaven, Kurapika. They allowed me to come back to you. What if they make you stay?"

He turns my wrist so I loosen my grip. "I don't intend on failing. Do you not trust my abilities?"

"Everytime you use your ability, it shortens your lifespan!" I punch the table, causing it to crack.

Airi screams and stumbles her way toward us.

"Daddy! Daddy!"

Kurapika scoops her up into his arms. She looks at him with widened eyes. Her high-pitched scream fills the entire house.

She attempts to free herself from him. I see the look of fear in her eyes and I take her from Kurapika. I rub her back while bouncing her up and down.

"Shh...it's okay, sweetheart," I say.

She lifts her head up from my shoulder and points at Kurapika. "Daddy's eyes are red! I don't like them. They're scary!"

She buries her face into my shoulder. Kurapika lowers his head and covers his eyes as he walks away.

"My own daughter is afraid of me," he says.

It feels as if someone is squeezing my heart, making it difficult to breathe.

"Hey, Kurapika!"

I follow him to our bedroom. I place Airi on the floor to sit next to him on the bed. She finds a puzzle and starts to play with it.

I run my fingers through his hair. "Hey, baby. I'm so sorry about all that. I'm just afraid of losing you."

He holds my hand against his cheek. "No. I'm the one who needs to apologize. I made a promise to you."

Airi loses interest in her puzzle and crawls on the bed.

"No more fighting." She grabs the back of my head. "Kiss daddy."

I can't help but smile. I reach over and press my lips against Kurapika's. Damn. I forgot how good he kisses.

"Ahem."

Kurapika and I pull away from each other. Airi jumps off the bed and runs to the door. Leorio grabs her and nuzzles her neck.

She giggles. "Ouch...your kisses hurt, Uncle Oreo. You need to shave your face."