Jealousy, Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"Red looks good on you," says Sherlock.

I look down at my dress and smile, "Thank you."

We finally make it to the manor. As early as we are, there's still a ton of people walking into the building. When we get closer to the entrance I stop.

"Enola?"

"(Y/n)?!"

I let go of Sherlock's hand and rush to meet Enola, who had also let go of her boyfriend's hand. The two of us hug each other tightly and I laugh. "Another ball? Haven't you gone to enough?"

"I have, but dating a Lord means I am expected to attend all of them."

We pull away from each other and I see that Tewkesbury is talking to Sherlock. The two of them watch us as they speak. I turn to Enola with a smile, "We should probably get back to our men."

"I suppose so."

Tewkesbury shakes his head as we join them, "You act like you haven't seen each other in years. You just saw each other last night!"

"It's been a whole day since we've seen each other," Enola says.

Tewkesbury sighs but smiles at me, "You and Enola both look very beautiful tonight."

"We look like ladies," Enola says, puffing her chest out.

Sherlock smiles, "Now let's see if you'll both act like ladies as well."

I bow to Sherlock with a smile. "I always act like a lady, Mr. Holmes."

"You four have fun, I'll see you inside," says John.

Enola grabs my hand, "Let's go dance!"

She pulls me inside, leaving Sherlock and Tewkesbury to follow us. The ballroom is beautiful. Expensive chandeliers hang above, and tables of food line the walls. The orchestra plays an upbeat song, and she giggles.

The two of us dance, trying to keep up with the beat. Neither of us are very good at dancing, but we're having fun and that's all that matters. When the song ends, we walk over to a table where Sherlock and Tewkesbury are sitting.

"We didn't come here for our girlfriends to ditch us," says Tewkesbury.

Enola rolls her eyes, "Then dance with me, you useless boy."

Tewkesbury smiles, and the two of them leave us to dance. I sit next to Sherlock and pull my book out. He rests his arm on the back of my chair as I begin to read. I didn't realize I had become so focused on my book until Sherlock touches my arm.

"I'm going to get us some drinks."

I nod, and he gives me a smile before leaving. I watch him walk away for a few seconds but quickly get back to reading. It's a good book, and I must finish it tonight. Or I may go crazy.

Sherlock's gone for a while, much longer than he should've been. I put my book back in my purse and begin to walk around. I scan the sea of well-dressed men, looking for his broad shoulders. My eyes finally land on his familiar face, and I smile. Until I notice the pretty blonde talking to him.

My blood runs cold as an unfamiliar emotion possesses me. The mixed feeling of rage and insecurity. Jealousy. One of the most dangerous emotions, and one that I am certainly not used to.

I hold my head up high as I walk over to the two of them. The woman notices me first, her blue eyes look me up and down with disgust. I wrap myself around Sherlock's arm and smile at her. "You've been gone for a while, Sherlock. I was beginning to get worried."

"Sorry, I was getting our drinks when Ms. Marigold stopped me."

Marigold. She must be the daughter of the couple that own this manor. Which can only mean that she is filthy rich, and has never heard the word 'no' in her entire life. I recognize the look of lust in her eyes as she stares up at Sherlock. Her loving gaze upon my man fuels my anger.