𝟬𝟬𝟲 why am i like this?

Start from the beginning

"Eden, it's okay. You're grieving the death of your girlfriend." Cale tried. "You were just a kid."

"I killed the person I loved." Eden looked up at Cale. "I watched her squirm under me. I— I just watched. Sat and stayed still."

"Eden, she tried to kill you. You had to go through months of therapy." Cale reminded Eden, keeping his voice low.

"I know. But I miss her. She— She loved me."

Cale pulled his sister into another hug. "Amber's dead, Eden. You and I are both alive. We're going to be okay, kid." Cale whispered. "We'll be alright, Edie." Cale told Eden, gently caressing her back. "I promise. We'll make it through this."

Eden shakily sighed. "I don't want you to get hurt, Cale." Eden replied. "I— I think you should leave the city." The girl suggested. "Then, you won't get hurt. I can't let you get hurt. Not again."

"You don't get to decide that, Eden. You're my little sister and I'm not letting you get hurt." Cale told Eden. "You're always protecting me. So I'm not letting you stay in this city while I leave and allow you to get hurt. I'm practically letting you get killed if I leave. I'm staying, Edie. Forever."

"Cale,"

"Eden,"

A tear streamed down Cale's cheek. "Never again, Eden." The boy quietly whispered, throwing his arms around Eden's body.

"Never again." Eden laughed, a sob leaving her lips at the same time. "I love you, so much."

Cale didn't pull away. "I love you, too."

"WAIT, YOU ACTUALLY—" Anika Kayoko gaped at Eden, lips curling into a teasing smirk

"WAIT, YOU ACTUALLY—" Anika Kayoko gaped at Eden, lips curling into a teasing smirk. The two girls were currently in film studies, trying their hardest to conceal their sudden laughter.

Eden covered her mouth, a way to keep herself quiet. Anika kept her head in her hands, squealing when Eden glared at her. The brunette girl raised her eyebrows, sharing a look with Anika.

Maybe Anika has always known that Ethan liked Eden. Well, the whole friend group knew. Even Eden. It's not like she was completely oblivious. "Honestly, Anika," Eden paused, secretly glancing at her professor.

"Honestly, what?"

"He isn't a bad kisser." Eden giggled, cheeks flushing. "Sometimes I wonder how he doesn't have a girlfriend—"

"So, you guys did kiss in the bathroom? Oh, I knew it!" Anika smirked, looking down at her papers when the professor glanced over at the two girls. "I can't believe you— Eden Miller, one of the princesses of Blackmore, kissed him— Ethan Landry, the quiet, awkward boy." Anika explained, waving her arms around.