Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"I guess I'll leave you two to plan how you guys want Joelle's room to be," Lamia told the girls.

They were so busy talking that they didn't even hear her. Lamia walked out of the room and found Laramie, pouting.

"What's wrong?" Lamia asked her oldest daughter.

"Me and Bam broke up again," Laramie answered.

Lamia sighed.

"I'm sorry, Ramie, I know you were trying so hard to make it work between you two but I think it's time you let this relationship go and move on," Lamia told her daughter as she pulled her into a hug.

Laramie started crying.

Joe appeared behind Laramie with a concerned expression on his face.

"What's going on?" Joe asked.

"She broke up with Bam," Lamia told Joe.

Joe nods. He was secretly happy that his daughter had broken up with that rapper boy. He wasn't good enough for her. Joe may not have known Laramie for long but he knew enough by the way she carried herself that her relationship with Bam wasn't good for her. Now, he was going to step in and make sure she doesn't go back to that fool.

"Let me talk to you, Ramie," Joe said.

Laramie looked at her father and wipes away her tears.

"Okay," Laramie said.

Joe and Laramie walk away. Lamia goes back downstairs to the kitchen when Joshua and Takecia walk in with their kids.

"You guys skipped couples' night so we're turning your day with the kids into a BBQ," Joshua said as he placed platters of food on the kitchen island.

"So, you guys invited everyone to my house?" Lamia asked Joshua and Takecia.

"Yup, you know the in-laws want to know where you live, Lamia," Takecia told her.

Trinity and Jonathan with their kids walked in with Sefa and his family.

"Nice house," Trinity said.

"Thank you," Lamia said before looking at Joshua, knowing he was the mastermind behind this. "So how many people are coming?" She asked him, mentally needing to know how many Samoans were about to invade her personal space.

"Just about twenty of us," Joshua answered with a shrug.

"So, forty," Lamia corrected him.

"Yup," Joshua said.