"glad i could be her" atlas replied with a smile. melody mae and violet, heard a conversation going on outside their makeup tent, as they turned to the entrance of the tent when they heard the southern drawl. violet walked out of the tent, and melody mae heard violet introduce herself, but then she looked back at the mirror to redo her lipstick.

as violet came out of the tent the woman and the two men looked at her. when ms. darcey saw her come out her smile got wider "violet, dear" she said and then hugged her. "hello, ms. darcey" she replied, but immediately looked at the unfamiliar boy with raven black hair.

and elliot immediately joined in by saying the same introduction to violet about atlas, and violet was as happy as ms. darcey, and it was the same reaction on many people's faces that were introduced to atlas. violet and ms. darcey went into the makeup tent, violet went back to melody mae to give her some more confidence, and ms. darcey, let the people know that there is a new member in the team and that we should be respectful, to which everyone responded with "yes ms. darcey" with smiles on their faces as if we were in kindergarten.

melody mae started to feel better as she shook her hands and smiled at violet as she looked at her "thanks vi" she told the sparkly girl beside her.
"no problem crybaby", violet replied. melody mae smiled when her friend called her that, it at some point became a nickname that just stuck with her while being in the circus since she was 7 now 19. melody mae's father has been in the business since she was a baby, so the freak show at some point became her comfort thing until she became part of it herself.

"okay dear's let's finish up quickly as we are going on stage in a few minutes" ms. darcey told us and we all nodded. melody mae took a deep breath and stood up from her chair finally getting herself ready to get out of the tent, she had a smile on her face. she then saw her team start to get out of the tent as well as her friend 'blue boy' giving her a thumbs up before he left which made the sweet girl giggle.

she took a deep breath again and finally got out of the tent, closed her eyes to ready herself for her performance but when she opened her eyes again she saw manager elliot and a very beautiful raven hair boy, she couldn't stop but look. elliot finally caught the attention of her looking at them and then called her name. "melody mae, come here, i would like to introduce someone to you"

the sweet girl heard her name being called and she went over, with her eyes still on the raven-haired boy. he was a few inches taller than her even with her wearing some sort of heel. "melody mae, this is atlas, our new member of the circus" elliot introduced him to the girl. "nice to meet you," the shy girl said to the boy still looking at him.

in atlas's eyes he was very mesmerized by the girl he was looking at, she had two different toned hair, one side being black and the other bleached, she had eyes kinda big like a baby's yet still pretty, and lips kinda plump with a gap, and her style was pinky and cute. she seemed interesting to him and he couldn't stop looking her. "great, to meet you too" he said for the first time meeting anybody, and he smiled at her which she did the same to him.

"well melody, i think you should be in the back with everyone else," elliot said disturbing the staring that was going on between the two people in front of him. "yes sir," the sweet girl said as she started to walk, she looked at atlas for the last time and then looked in front of her to see her friends and her team.

as melody left, atlas still looked at her, still mesmerized with a smile, and then turned back to elliot's face. "this place is very magnificent" atlas complimented. "why thank you again" elliot replied with a grin.

it's been an hour already, and the show was already a success, everyone enjoyed everything, you could see happy faces only, laughs, and claps, and that was it. as melody mae was watching her friend violet doing her acrobatic routine it made her smile as there were so many surprises that came with it, like glitter falling from her friend's hands as well as from her face, it's like everyone was showered with it and it made the sweet melody mae smile having it lay on her skin so softly, it made her remember what made this place so comforting and it made her feel euphoric. claps were heard everywhere but it sounded like a muffle in crybaby's ears, but was immediately interrupted when ms. darcey called out her name for her to sing as the last thing for the show. the sweet girl started to walk on the stage already making a sound when her heels walked on the wooden board.

As she got on, standing behind the microphone she saw the many faces looking at her, she got nervous but immediately closed her eyes and took a deep breath, and said 'hello' on the mic with her very sweet voice, and it caught the attention of everyone, but it mostly to atlas as he was sitting on one of the chairs watching and he smiled when he saw her. melody mae saw his beautiful face and immediately smiled.

she then held the microphone and said
"i will be singing BITTERSWEET TRAGEDY, it's a song i've been thinking of for a while now"
when said this, the people cheered.

crybaby took a deep breath and started to sing the melody so softly.

- PLAY BITTERSWEET TRAGEDY -
⤷ BY : MELANIE MARTINEZ

Sweet, boy, straight out of the movie screen
Candy hearts and chocolate dreams
I, met, my prince upon a popcorn bowl
He held my heart and let it go
Ice cream, upon a summer's day
Beginning sweetness never stays

as she starts to sing atlas keeps a close eye as if he is a hawk, as he is already amazed by the beautiful voice that came out of the precious girl on stage.

Melting through the cracks in my hands
I guess I held on for too long

the crowd already goes wild, and the cheers already come in

I'm done with your bittersweet, bittersweet tragedy
It's no fun, when I'm sitting all alone
You're right in front of me
And I'm done with your bittersweet, bittersweet tragedy
It's no fun when I'm sitting all alone
You're right in front of me

melody mae started to sway her hands as she continued to sing, and with atlas, all he is is shocked. he was falling into a spell of mélomanie and smitten, and it made him smile.

.