thirty seven

Depuis le début

"It's your Christmas present! Go on, open it!" He said as he walked closer, placing it in her hands. She smiled gently at him, cheeks ablaze, before she leant up and pressed a quick kiss to his lips. She sat on one of the barstools as he followed her, his hand resting on the back of her chair.

Carefully, she peeled the wrapping paper away from the box before opening up, immediately closing it straight after. "Arthur, no you didn't." He merely grinned with a raise of his brows.

"Well, do you like it?" He asked.

"Do I like it?" She said with incredulity as she peeled it back open and pulled out the gifts. In the box, nestle between a box of chocolates and a vinyl player, were two vinyls: the latter consisting of the Arctic Monkeys albums Suck it and See and Favourite Worst Nightmare. "Arthur, I love it! Thank you!"

She turned around in her seat and flung her arms around him, pressing the side of her head against his chest. He laughed as he reciprocated the embrace, his right hand moving to run through the blonde strands of her soft hair.

"You deserve it, Lynn. There's no need to thank me," he said softly. Suddenly, she bounced back and stood up from her seat, her eyes wild and her grin brightening even more.

"Wait right here, I need to go get your present!" She said, and before he could respond, she'd turned the corner and ran down the hall.

"Wait, Lynn- You didn't have to get me anything!" He groaned while running a hand through his hair. No matter how hard he tried, she didn't listen, because a minute later, she came running back down the hall with his gift in her hand.

"I'm terrible at wrapping so I just threw it all in a bag. I hope you don't mind." As she passed it to him, before he even looked inside, he wrapped his spare arm around her shoulder and pressed another kiss into her hairline.

"Thank you," he whispered sincerely before moving back to open his present. "Oh my God, no way!"

The man cheered in amazement as he lifted an Animalia book out from the bag, immediately forgetting the rest of his present as he instead got lost in the pages of animals and their information.

"There's more, by the way," the blonde laughed. He quickly closed the book to stop himself from getting distracted any further.

"Shut up. Lynn, stop it right now."

"What?" She asked with confusion, her grin never faltering.

"A free pass to the London aquarium and national history museum? Do you know how hard these are to get?" He explained in a craze as he held onto the two tickets like his life depended on it. Delicately, he slid the tickets back into the card before pulling the girl into a hug. "God, you're amazing. Like, actually amazing."

"I know, you've told me before."

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

arthurtv updated their instagram story